Identify the G, more J-land shop photos, and a couple of Frog questions!

Thread: Identify the G, more J-land shop photos, and a couple of Frog questions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identify the G, more J-land shop photos, and a couple of Frog questions!

Hey guys,

I have become addicted to this forum already. I never knew how much of an obsession G's would become for me!

I took a bunch of photos when I bought the Skyforce and Wademan this weekend (Since they had the case open to get them, it was a perfect time to snag photos). I was hoping you guys could help me with some IDing and pricing questions (Since I am too busy to research and enjoy electronic-conversing with you guys anyway)...

Name:  photo(3).jpg
Views: 312
Size:  61.8 KB

Ok... First and foremost... what is this gorgeous creation in the middle? I think it's a Mudman. It has orange straps and bronze hardware. It is NIB and absolutely flawless. It's pricey (in comparison to the rest of the case), but I really want this to be my next buy.

Next, what is the deal with this Frog? Its 21,000 yen, not a whole lot, but leaps and bounds more than any other G's at the shop (besides the one mentioned above). I held it and inspected it thoroughly, and it is near-mint EXCEPT for 2 relatively deep scratches above the R and O in FROGMAN. It's a shame, because the watch is perfect otherwise. Any idea about the model? Is this a good one? Worth that much with scratches? (I had this in my hand ready to buy... I want a Frog SOOO bad... but I am extremely happy that I opted to buy the Wademan and Skyforce instead. 2 for less than the price of one, and those babies are MINT).

Speaking of Frogs... Is there a "Stormtrooper" Frog? I love that color... What about a smoke gray/gunmetal colored Frog?

I also love the yellow '99 Frog and found one online, the DW-8250YU-9T. What is a reasonable price for one of these in excellent shape?

Basically, I want a Frog that isn't plain black. I love black G's, but I want a flashy Frog

Ok, I have a bunch more photos and some other ID questions, but I will save them for tomorrow. I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn for work and I barely slept last night (It is already frigid in Hokkaido at night and I accidentally left a window open. I woke up shivering violently haha).

Thanks as always. This forum is great! The best one I have joined in a very, very long time. I appreciate all the replies, as it can get lonely out here for a gaijin in the northern end of the northernmost island in Japan!

Re: Identify the G, more J-land shop photos, and a couple of Frog questions!

Yep its a Mudman 9010. I can't see if its GW or G (i.e. atomic or not). I forget the exact designation as regards colour scheme but that's the watch. I really like mine - excellent module. Not exactly a looker though I'll grant you but I think they have a certain charisma.

I don't know anything about Frogs.

The Mudman is a MIRO GW-9010R-4.

The Frogman is a DW-8200ZU-1T:

Or a DW-8200Z-1T:

Check the band for the main difference.

I don't know what would be a good price for most of those in Japan. You can check out Yahoo Japan Auctions to get an idea on market prices there I guess.

There's quite a few light colored Frogman models. Take a look at the full range here:
    http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/G-Shock/Frogman/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HokkaidoG View Post
    Next, what is the deal with this Frog? Its 21,000 yen, not a whole lot, but leaps and bounds more than any other G's at the shop (besides the one mentioned above). I held it and inspected it thoroughly, and it is near-mint EXCEPT for 2 relatively deep scratches above the R and O in FROGMAN. It's a shame, because the watch is perfect otherwise. Any idea about the model? Is this a good one? Worth that much with scratches?
    That looks like a MIB I Frog. And I reckon the price on it is very good considering its condition. Ones in good nick with b&p normally sell for at least 30K JPY.

Here are a bunch of second-hand shop window shopping photos, as promised. Let me know if anything catches your eye!

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  photo(2).jpg
Views: 208
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  photo(3).jpg
Views: 190
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  photo(4).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  photo(5).jpg
Views: 359
Size:  41.0 KB

And one more...

Name:  photo(6).jpg
Views: 203
Size:  48.4 KB

Good stuff, mate. Btw, what did you end up getting the other day?

Quote Originally Posted by HokkaidoG View Post
    Basically, I want a Frog that isn't plain black. I love black G's, but I want a flashy Frog
    I think kiwdj might have just the thing for that.....

--Greg

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Good stuff, mate. Btw, what did you end up getting the other day?
    I got the Skyforce and the MIK Wademan from a previous post :) I will post more photos of them soon, just working on getting something better to shoot them with then my iPhone!

What do you think I should go for next? Anything in the photos? I love the MIRO Mudman (not a fan of the copper colored hardware though, wish it was just simply black and orange) but I dunno if I should wait and save for a Frog (or just buy the black Frog even though it has 2 little scratches... I am picky!).
    Last edited by HokkaidoG; September 29th, 2009 at 05:35.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing your pics of those two big classic Gs. The Wademan's one of my favourites.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information