if the mrg-100 and 110 count as g-shock than why not the tw-7000, anyone have a tw-7000?

Thread: if the mrg-100 and 110 count as g-shock than why not the tw-7000, anyone have a tw-7000?

if the mrg-100 and 110 count as g-shock than why not the tw-7000, anyone have a tw-7000?

as there is a tw-7000 posted on ebay recently i asked myself why this titanium watch doesnt count as g-shock line, as the early titanium mrg do. or should the question better be, why do the early mrg (110 and 100) count as g-shocks, when they habe no bezels?

however, i wanted to ask to if anyone has this tw-7000, its like a dream watch, it must be one of the first full titanium digitals (from casio). i like the tw-7000-1 with the grey front. (see bottom left of first picture).

regards,
    gerry fonklover

Re: if the mrg-100 and 110 count as g-shock than why not the tw-7000, anyone have a tw-7000?

The TW sure looks nice. It simply does not "technically" qualify as it does not have a raised case/bezel to protect the crystal (at least from what i see) which the MR-Gs have and it does not have the shock absorbing rubber module encasing that makes the G-shcok lien shock resistant as iz is - many other Casios (take the DW 290) for example are quite sturda, but lack this cushioning on the inside. The Resin case adds to that protection but in general is just icing on the cake. It´s a recessed crystal and buttons and the shockproofing inside that makes a G a G.

Do you have a TW 7000`I´d liek to see some real world pics.

Re: if the mrg-100 and 110 count as g-shock than why not the tw-7000, anyone have a tw-7000?

I'm missing the bit where my MRG-110t is not made, branded, born, bred, bought and sold as a G-Shock...because it is one...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I'm missing the bit where my MRG-110t is not made, branded, born, bred, bought and sold as a G-Shock...because it is one...
    ? what do you mean?
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech View Post
    The TW sure looks nice. It simply does not "technically" qualify as it does not have a raised case/bezel to protect the crystal (at least from what i see) which the MR-Gs have and it does not have the shock absorbing rubber module encasing that makes the G-shcok lien shock resistant as iz is - many other Casios (take the DW 290) for example are quite sturda, but lack this cushioning on the inside. The Resin case adds to that protection but in general is just icing on the cake. It´s a recessed crystal and buttons and the shockproofing inside that makes a G a G.

Do you have a TW 7000`I´d liek to see some real world pics.
    sorry, i dont have one, i wish i had. yes your are right with the technical details its not qualifying as g-shock. its more like a marlin made out of titan :D
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Quote Originally Posted by fonklover View Post
    ? what do you mean?
    The MRG-110 counts as a G Shock because it in fact is one...

Wink Re: if the mrg-100 and 110 count as g-shock than why not the tw-7000, anyone have a tw-7000?

My MRG-100 says G-Shock...
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Here's an old photo of mine , it's nice but not a big watch .

best regards Scott.

sml

Quote Originally Posted by fonklover View Post
    however, i wanted to ask to if anyone has this tw-7000, its like a dream watch, it must be one of the first full titanium digitals (from casio). i like the tw-7000-1 with the grey front. (see bottom left of first picture).
    They are ok but a bit small even for my 6.5" wrists. Far smaller than a DW5600. I sold mine for about $250 from memory,

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

^ wow, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead!

My wrist is about 7.5" and I enjoy wearing the TW-7000. It is a small watch, but digit wise it's perfectly fine. One of my favorite digital watch designs with that elegant rounded corner rectangle, almost like the old style TV tubes.

Anyway, good to see you're still kicking around the G-Shock forum sml. It'll be a long time before I forget your TW-7100 scores. Those watches were sweet. FerGuzman ended up getting one, but he eventually sold it to reduce his collection to about 3 watches. I was tempted to buy one, but the battery problem bugs me. Not enough power to make the back light bright enough to read.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information