If a solar watch can withstand the sun, does that mean the O-ring gaskets all temperatures

Thread: If a solar watch can withstand the sun, does that mean the O-ring gaskets all temperatures

Question If a solar watch can withstand the sun, does that mean the O-ring gaskets all temperatures

That thought just came to me.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; September 14th, 2010 at 18:03.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Re: If a solar watch can withstand the sun, does that mean the O-ring gaskets all temperat

The O-ring and gaskets will eventually get dried up if you do not grease them up with silicone grease every 5 to 10 years.

Re: If a solar watch can withstand the sun, does that mean the O-ring gaskets all temperat

So, no matter what, all my watches will go bad eventually?

Is that what you mean?
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They can go pretty much wherever you can temp-wise. The gasket composition is very good if cared for once every few years. They can also be replaced. Of course all things must pass.....eventually.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    So, no matter what, all my watches will go bad eventually?

Is that what you mean?
    Not just G-Shocks, but all watches need parts being replaced eventually after a few years of usage, no matter their price or category.
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

Thread Information