If you blackout the g-shock on your GW6900-1. Will it destroy something about the watch?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tetsu Tekubi

Thread: If you blackout the g-shock on your GW6900-1. Will it destroy something about the watch?

Question If you blackout the g-shock on your GW6900-1. Will it destroy something about the watch?

Why is the G on the EL blacked out, but not the G-Shock? It is magic marker time?

Pic not mine.

Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; January 6th, 2016 at 03:18.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: If you blackout the g-shock on your GW6900-1. Will it destroy something about the watch?

Some G-Shocks have light buttons with a painted "G" in the light button. (According to at least one thread about "stealthing" those buttons, some buttons actually have the "G" molded into the plastic.)

The GW-6900 isn't one of those G-Shocks, though -- the button on this model is just plain gray plastic.

Name:  gw-6900 three.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  466.8 KB

Re: If you blackout the g-shock on your GW6900-1. Will it destroy something about the watch?

Sometimes wielding a Sharpie marker on a G is a great idea

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just did it. I don't know if I destroyed my G-Shock or made it better. It doesn't destroy it.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    I just did it. I don't know if I destroyed my G-Shock or made it better. It doesn't destroy it.
    Congratulations -- it's your watch, so modify it all you want! You're certainly not the first one around here to "stealth" a bezel, and you definitely won't be the last.

IF you were ever planning on selling it, you might have lowered OR raised the resale value, depending on what the buyer prefers. Luckily, replacing a bezel and "restoring" it to its original appearance is a cheap and easy fix, and if you're not planning on selling it, who cares?!

As far as "destroying" it goes, the benzene-like chemical solvents in the magic marker MIGHT make the bezel fall apart a week or a month sooner than it otherwise would, but you'll probably still get at least ten years' wear out of it.

This makes me wonder if the dw6900ms bezel is swappable to these?

Quote Originally Posted by jev425 View Post
    This makes me wonder if the dw6900ms bezel is swappable to these?
    they arent.
    LankyOrangutan likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Thread Information