If You Could Have Only ONE G-Shock....
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: If You Could Have Only ONE G-Shock....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi All,

I'm in the market for my next G-Shock, as I am without one at the moment. I have bought and sold many different G-Shock models in the past, and most recently dabbled with some of the Frogman models. Problem is, I like most all of the "G" models - especially the larger ones - and I'm trying to decide on my next one, which I hope to hang on to for quite some time. So, if you could have only one G-Shock, do you know which one you would choose? Thanks for your input....

Banned

Re: If You Could Have Only ONE G-Shock....

GW-5000. Period.
    MDPlatts and Fer Guzman like this.

Cool Re: If You Could Have Only ONE G-Shock....

I don't even have to give it a second thought, it would be my G-9300 Mudman
    **I <3 G's**

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Frogman, preferably the one with tide/moon but any of them really.
    Real men don't need instructions.

... I would not be a collector.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

GW-7900B with the "stealth mod".
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337632726.242009.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  41.5 KB

you cruel cruel (assumed) man. Making us pick one, a favourite. It's like saying which limb do you like best?

Ahem.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

There have been a lot of threads like this, but as you can see you're probably going to find that everyone has a different opinion. I would say if I could truly only have one G Shock, it would be one that I don't own because it would need to be a combination of a lot of the watches that I have (which is why I have so many). It would have to be something atomic and solar, with a positive display, and probably on a bracelet. Then it would depend on which style that you like most.

The 9300 Mudman was a pretty good suggestion, but I'd probably buy a GW5600BC-1JF if I could only have one :)

Name:  4089356.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  27.9 KB
    G-Shock Absorber likes this.

Thanks for the replies so far. I knew it was going to sound like a trick question! I have been leaning toward the same likes as gshocknut, solar and atomic, positive display (although I think the negative display looks cooler, seems to me that the positive reads easier for me) and decision is still open on bracelet or strap. It seems like I keep coming back to the Mudman as I have has a few of them already. but still pondering!

Hmm well I'm not sure. Truth is I don't NEED a watch to do anything but tell the time and perhaps wake me up (although that's a job for the phone). So I'd look at an Avaitor like my 3000 because it's atomic (thus the time keeping is as good as it's gonna get), is very clear and well built.

However it doesn't typify a G-Shock. It doesn't REPRESENT a G-Shock which is surely very important in such a discussion. So it would have to be digital, with a function of dubious everyday use but somehow justifiable haha, and which doesn't cost a fortune (thus ruling the Frogman range in my mind).

So I'm thinking more like the 7900s, 5600s and 9300s really. Then it's a question of personal taste.

But one in particular? I'd go for my 7900 Rescue as I haven't owed any others I'd consider.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information