WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I'm amazed with accuracy of the Casio Protrek

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  zapiao 
#1 ·
PRG-100 i just bought one and the Barometer reading was spot on temperature was just a couple of degrees off on My wrist i also picked up an absolute bargain a brand new Casio GW2500 with positive display for. . . . .£67:-!!

#2 ·
Blimey! Where was that deal?

#6 ·
FWIW, my 10 year old PRT-40 has a barometer that tracks the local weather station's barometer readings precisely, and keeps *almost* perfect time (it gains 1 second per fortnight, better than any other watch I own bar the atomic one).

W44NE G - do I recognise that name from the MINI2 forums? I used to be a member there (under a different name to this one), until I sold my S at the start of the year and bought an R32.

#7 ·
W44NE G - do I recognise that name from the MINI2 forums? I used to be a member there (under a different name to this one), until I sold my S at the start of the year and bought an R32.
That's me :-!

I had a Cooper D but now have a JCW. How's the Golf? :)

There's at least one other MINI2 member on here as well that I've spoken to. I guess we must all like the same things!

#8 ·
I *really* wanted the JCW, but with a growing family the Hatch was always going to be too small - it had to be the Clubman or something else entirely. I test-drove a Cooper D Clubman about a week before the JCW was announced, and thought that it was fine - until I got back into my old S and realised that the D wasn't for me. I spent the next 7 days dithering about S or D, then they announced the JCW - my deposit was down instantly. I loved the test-drive I had in the JCW hatch when the dealer got his demonstrator last year, but got more and more frustrated over delays with the Clubman version (especially as I'd actually *seen* them on the roads when I went to Germany last autumn). So when MINI UK announced a further delay, and VW offered me a brand-new R32 (with the Recaros that wouldn't really fit in the MINI, wth a touch-screen satnav, and with the brilliant DSG gearbox), I gave up waiting for the MINI.

It took many weeks for me to fall out of love with the MINI and in love with the R32. But although it hasn't got the chckability of the MINI, it has got more raw power, and uses it in a way that suits the driving I do more (ie commuting into city centres, and driving long distances on motorways). I've now said that the only way I'll go back to MINIs (and I'd owned either a MINI or a Mini for over 15 years, and had my name down for an S within weeks of the original MINI launch and long before they officially announced an S) is if they do a gearbox as good as the Golf's.

The R32 has a nasty habit of going in a straight line when I want to go round a roundabout, though. When I tried reporting it to VW as a fault, they told me that I'm not supposed to take roundabouts at 60mph, so perhaps they have a point. The problem is that 60 doesn't *feel* fast, whereas the MINI always felt quick even when standing still. Love the V6 noise, though.

#10 ·
Interesting comment, as I've yet to be "amazed" by the accuracy of any ABC watch. I am tempted by a new PRW-2000, though, and wonder if your experience with the PRG-100 should be taken as an indication that Casio have raised their game in this segment? Is the PRG-100 a new model?
yes but unfortunally is very underrated...for some is equal the prw-1300

#16 ·
I must admit i'm a bit perplexed We're not allowed to take photos in the cockpit(or allow any visitors - even kids)Cabin altimeter read 5200 feet,My PRG-100 read 5100 feet:think:.You Guys are correct but with Protreks who knows;-)!The barometer has been virtually spot on i just love the big digits on this baby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.