I'm amazed with accuracy of the Casio Protrek

Thread: I'm amazed with accuracy of the Casio Protrek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PRG-100 i just bought one and the Barometer reading was spot on temperature was just a couple of degrees off on My wrist i also picked up an absolute bargain a brand new Casio GW2500 with positive display for. . . . .£67!

Re: I'm amazed with accuracy of the Casio Protrek

Blimey! Where was that deal?

Where?

sounds good!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61 View Post
    PRG-100 i just bought one and the Barometer reading was spot on temperature was just a couple of degrees off on My wrist i also picked up an absolute bargain a brand new Casio GW2500 with positive display for. . . . .£67!
    my brother has one and its incredible accurate!they say its the same module of paw- 1300

Quote Originally Posted by under-wear-taker View Post
    my brother has one and its incredible accurate!they say its the same module of paw- 1300
    Yes i have one my sweet brother and its VERY accurated

FWIW, my 10 year old PRT-40 has a barometer that tracks the local weather station's barometer readings precisely, and keeps *almost* perfect time (it gains 1 second per fortnight, better than any other watch I own bar the atomic one).

W44NE G - do I recognise that name from the MINI2 forums? I used to be a member there (under a different name to this one), until I sold my S at the start of the year and bought an R32.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
    W44NE G - do I recognise that name from the MINI2 forums? I used to be a member there (under a different name to this one), until I sold my S at the start of the year and bought an R32.
    That's me

I had a Cooper D but now have a JCW. How's the Golf?

There's at least one other MINI2 member on here as well that I've spoken to. I guess we must all like the same things!

I *really* wanted the JCW, but with a growing family the Hatch was always going to be too small - it had to be the Clubman or something else entirely. I test-drove a Cooper D Clubman about a week before the JCW was announced, and thought that it was fine - until I got back into my old S and realised that the D wasn't for me. I spent the next 7 days dithering about S or D, then they announced the JCW - my deposit was down instantly. I loved the test-drive I had in the JCW hatch when the dealer got his demonstrator last year, but got more and more frustrated over delays with the Clubman version (especially as I'd actually *seen* them on the roads when I went to Germany last autumn). So when MINI UK announced a further delay, and VW offered me a brand-new R32 (with the Recaros that wouldn't really fit in the MINI, wth a touch-screen satnav, and with the brilliant DSG gearbox), I gave up waiting for the MINI.

It took many weeks for me to fall out of love with the MINI and in love with the R32. But although it hasn't got the chckability of the MINI, it has got more raw power, and uses it in a way that suits the driving I do more (ie commuting into city centres, and driving long distances on motorways). I've now said that the only way I'll go back to MINIs (and I'd owned either a MINI or a Mini for over 15 years, and had my name down for an S within weeks of the original MINI launch and long before they officially announced an S) is if they do a gearbox as good as the Golf's.

The R32 has a nasty habit of going in a straight line when I want to go round a roundabout, though. When I tried reporting it to VW as a fault, they told me that I'm not supposed to take roundabouts at 60mph, so perhaps they have a point. The problem is that 60 doesn't *feel* fast, whereas the MINI always felt quick even when standing still. Love the V6 noise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61 View Post
    Interesting comment, as I've yet to be "amazed" by the accuracy of any ABC watch. I am tempted by a new PRW-2000, though, and wonder if your experience with the PRG-100 should be taken as an indication that Casio have raised their game in this segment? Is the PRG-100 a new model?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Interesting comment, as I've yet to be "amazed" by the accuracy of any ABC watch. I am tempted by a new PRW-2000, though, and wonder if your experience with the PRG-100 should be taken as an indication that Casio have raised their game in this segment? Is the PRG-100 a new model?
    yes but unfortunally is very underrated...for some is equal the prw-1300

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information