I'm having a tough time learning all the models. Also, a question about the 5600 series...

Thread: I'm having a tough time learning all the models. Also, a question about the 5600 series...

Question I'm having a tough time learning all the models. Also, a question about the 5600 series...

Hello, greetings! I've been lurking about the WUS forums for a couple months now, mostly in the Dive Watch section. Just by following the various threads in there, I've picked up a pretty comprehensive understanding of most of the models and lineups...

I've been lurking in the G-shock forum for a while now too, but it's much harder for me to pick up an understanding of the various models, functions, and variations thereof! It seems like there are so many custom brandings and variations within each line that I can hardly get a grasp on it.

Can anyone recommend a really good "primer" resource on the G-shock lineup as a whole? Sort of a history or timeline as it were.

(Apologies if this is here somewhere and I'm missing it.)

I've also got a couple other questions...

1) Why doesn't anyone like the Lungman model? It kind of interests me, as a runner, yet it doesn't seem to get any love around here.

2) I really dig the 5600 series with the little metal / plastic bars that protect the screen. Where can I find more information on that variation? I keep seeing the plain old square for sale online, but I like the ones with the metal bars.

Thanks in advance guys!:thanks

Re: I'm having a tough time learning all the models. Also, a question about the 5600 serie

2) The metal bars are call face protectors which do not come with the watch and are bought separately. Unfortunately Casio do not make these any more so they are very hard to get hold of. Tiktox.com do sometimes have them in stock.

EDIT: and here is a G-Shock history... http://mygshock.com/wiki/G-Shock_History

Re: I'm having a tough time learning all the models. Also, a question about the 5600 serie

Quote Originally Posted by craig0ry View Post
    1) Why doesn't anyone like the Lungman model? It kind of interests me, as a runner, yet it doesn't seem to get any love around here.
    I haven't come across anybody expressing outright dislike for the Lungman. But as to it not being very popular, I suppose it's because of the rather radical design; I prefer symmetry as much as possible myself when it comes to watches.

In contrast, my wife has absolutely fallen in love with the Lungman, and is eagerly awaiting the day when Casio releases it again; she likes designs that remind her of the yin-yang symbol.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, that's a fantastic link!

Shame about the face protectors, I think they look great. Time to lurk in the for sale forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I prefer symmetry as much as possible myself when it comes to watches.
    I understand that the pulse-rate feature hardly works, but as a runner, you want to be able to simply glance at your watch while running. That's why I dig the asymmetrical design, you can just barely glance at your watch and it's aligned just right for you without moving your wrist! I also like the 30-lap timer function.

I wasn't saying anyone here hates the Lungman, but you just don't come across it in the WRUW threads etc.