I'm looking for....
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cranx
  • 1 Post By Joakim Agren

Thread: I'm looking for....

I'm looking for....

I'm looking for a G-shock with certain features but I don't know if it exists! I am fairly new to them and there are so many! I need some help.

I bought a GR-8900A-1ER which I really liked the look of but am finding the negative display to be hard to read in all but the lightest of places.

I'd like something similar but with a positive display. I would like all black without coloured accents if possible, solar, maybe atomic! It also has to have the widest possible double buckle as I have a big wrist.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: I'm looking for....

Well, how little colour are we talking? Most of your "basic" positive display colour options have a little bit of red in them at the least, but if you don't want that, then it'll be hard to find one with a positive, the all black look is mostly - if not completely - saved for negative displays. (Also would you count white as a colour accent, because if you don't mind that I'd recommend the GD-X6900-7, just because it's my go-to :P)

Are you dead-set on having the wider band? Because shy of your 8900, I'm pretty sure that you're not finding another Solar, never mind an Atomic/Solar.

I think the Rangeman 9400 could fit the bill, I actually quite like the red accents it has and it's a similar size to the 8900. It also has the wider strap.

It has a lot of functions, most I'll probably never use though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fits the description but not Solar / Atomic

jimmy1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cranx View Post

No double tang buckle on that one! I think the basic GW-9400 Rangeman is the closest match to his demands:

Can be found around $188 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Casio-GW-9400-...ywords=gw-9400
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by cranx View Post

I like that, what model is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkX View Post
    I like that, what model is it?
    It is the GD-400HUF collaboration model launched in May! Unique cracked concrete/asphalt pattern on its strap and something as unusual as a sharp positive display on an otherwise all black watch. Very nice but it is not solar/atomic it is a regular battery model!

That one costs around $189 on Amazon. So it is Rangeman priced. So from a module for money perspective the Rangeman is the better buy! But the HUF is a limited edition collaboration model hence its price!
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; July 26th, 2015 at 10:41.
    LankyOrangutan likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thread Information