I'm looking for...

Thread: I'm looking for...

I'm looking for...

Hello forumers, I'm new and I was hoping, I could pick your collective expertise...

I'm looking for a g-shock watch which has a very minimal colour scheme (an all black g-shock with the second tone also being very subdued e.g dark grey/white)

an uncluttered, very minimal clock face (simply day/date/time) on the face with high legibility, in negative although i'd settle for neutral.

something like this:

could someone help me with some good g-shock selections?

Re: I'm looking for...

do you want just digital or analogue/digital?

digital please

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TTT

If you don't mind a little bit of extra info on the face, you could try a GW-9000A:

They're basically black with grey writing. If you get the Japanese version, even those little silver bits under the bezel are black.

Or you could hunt around for a G-056 in dark colours (I think this one might be blue, but there are black ones too, although they may have a silver bezel):

Or this?

DW-5600B-1AVER

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

here's some stealthy one's, i know very little about them though as i dont own either watch.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ itsmejt,

my recommendation is the G800BD-1V if you don't mind a bracelet (though it can be changed for a strap what I actually did):

the greenish display gives the watch a very stealthy look, yet one of the best to read I have seen to date and definitely preferable to any negative display. the module is IMO presently one of the best, all the great features from the G-9000 (mudman).

regards, holger

p.s. very nice looking watch you posted, may I ask what model/brand this is?

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    @ itsmejt,

my recommendation is the G800BD-1V if you don't mind a bracelet (though it can be changed for a strap what I actually did):

the greenish display gives the watch a very stealthy look, yet one of the best to read I have seen to date and definitely preferable to any negative display. the module is IMO presently one of the best, all the great features from the G-9000 (mudman).

regards, holger

p.s. very nice looking watch you posted, may I ask what model/brand this is?
    it's a suunto observer

they also make very good digital watches... not as durable as a g-shock (though not many watches are) but packed with other features e.g altimeter, barometer and compass. very functional, clean designs.

The GW-5500-1AJF

Thread Information