I'm sure this has been asked before...
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm sure this has been asked before...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    LUW

Question I'm sure this has been asked before...

What modules/models can display the current time on the stop-watch screen?
    The only watches that I have that does this are the GW-200Z (in dive mode) and Core.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: I'm sure this has been asked before...

Out of those G's I have, only the G-8000 is capable to do so. The G(W)-9200 and the G(W)-9300 do it also. From the older models I know the DW-5600 and the DW-6900 can do it, and probably about a dozen other modules but don't ask me which.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Of mine,

DW-5000/5600
    DW-6900
    DW-8200 frog, displays current time in stopwatch mode also
    1000 series and GF-8250 display in dive mode only.

Of course, any ana-digital.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also the DW-5000SL (module 1545).

Edit: Oops, stpete was quicker.
    Please excuse my imperfect English :)

MY SMALL COLLECTION @WATCHSHOCK: CLICK

LUW

Thanks for the tips!

I'm looking for a mountainbiking G, and to have the time displayed in the SW mode is an important feature for me. For uncharted rides I usually wear my Core, because of the fantastic altimeter it has (and it displays time + SW in the same screen with the altitude!), but for "regular" rides a G is enough. So far only my Froggie has the SW+time feature, and I would like another option.

I went through your suggestions and I liked the G-8000 a LOT! Has all I need with BIG digits, a plus when on a bike. The Riseman (GW-9200) is also an interesting choice, specially because of the barometer, and one that I was certain I would get. But after reading about how it has a not-so-tough construction (compared to other Gs) it kind of lost some of it's appeal to me . Instead of the Riseman, I think I could go with the Mudman (GW-9300). Big and solid watch, with the bonus of a compass. And of course there's the DW-6900, that are cheap and easy to get, but I'm not sure if I like the general looks of the watch . The DW-5000 and other with the classic square bezel don't appeal to me - not that I don't like 'em, I have a DW-5600 but one is enough. I would love to have a 8250 Frog, but the only one I can find is the yellow one (not for me) or the new GF-8250 that I don't like the color combo (and price ).

The issue with the G-8000 is finding one. The Mudman is easier to get (even locally), so is the Riseman, and the Riseman is cheaper then the Mudman. BUT the Riseman has the toughness issue . Should I risk it and go for the Riseman?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    ...I liked the G-8000 a LOT! Has all I need with BIG digits, a plus when on a bike. The Riseman (GW-9200) is also an interesting choice, specially because of the barometer...
    There's also the GDF-100 https://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/mi...-a-543584.html. Big digits, barometer, and time in stopwatch mode too.
    Pay a bluish oak.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by pkobayashi View Post
    There's also the GDF-100 https://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/mi...-a-543584.html. Big digits, barometer, and time in stopwatch mode too.
    Cool! I'll have to look it up.

And to my surprise, I found out that I can find locally the 9300 cheaper then the 9200 . So between the two I would have to go with the Mudman. But first I have to check the GDF-100.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I'd recommend some sort of Garmin. GPS enabled is very cool on run/bike. Plus you can get post ride stats if you want to measure your progress (which I expect you do if you're using stopwatch). The 305, or some sort of Edge are a good place to start. You can get a quick release and mount it on your bars instead also for easier viewing.
    I have the 910XT now, but used to have the old 302. I set up display for ride time, current speed, distance, and time of day.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

LUW

Pete, on my handlebar there's always my trusty eTrex Vista HCX . It has an option of "big numbers" on the screen, where you only display three data - I always use speed, distance and SW. Of course I can choose to display at least some seven other data there, or use the "small numbers" screen, with 8 different kinds of information displayed all at once, but since the screen isn't very big, things get hard to read on the fly. So I want to use speed + distance + something else (altitude, bearing or distance to a coordinate) on the GPS and on the watch, time and SW.

I wanted to go with a GPS bike model, but I didn't like the reviews about the flimsy handlebar mounts of the Edge models, specially when riding the rough stuff. And since the eTrex has maps and works perfectly (and has a IPX-8 rating!), I couldn't bring myself to spit out the cash for a new unit.
    mhammer8 likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

It sounds to me like altimeter/GPS is not that important to you, based on the watches you are considering. For mountain biking, I'd think compass would be most useful. You're probably more concerned about navigating than knowing what elevations you've achieved. So, I'd go for the GW-9300 Mudman.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information