Improve the Accuracy of GWF-D1000
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WES51
  • 1 Post By GaryK30

Thread: Improve the Accuracy of GWF-D1000

Question Improve the Accuracy of GWF-D1000

Hello!

I have problem with accuracy of my Frogman: it is in a hurry for 10 seconds per month.
    I found this manual how to improve accuracy of Casio watches — Improve the Accuracy of your G-Shock - G-Shock Wiki | casio watch resources

Can I set accuracy of D1000 by this way?
    Is there a trimmer cap in GWF-D1000? I don't want to open back case in vain.

Re: Improve the Accuracy of GWF-D1000

Is multiband not receiving in your area?
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

This is an ISO 6425 certified watch. That means it was individually tested and certified by the factory before sold, which is a very unique feature. So I would sure not mess around opening it and thereby loose the reassurance of that factory testing.

As far as accuracy goes, I too very much like my watches to be accurate. But I would not open any watch for 10 seconds +/- per month. This is well within specifications AND changes anyway depending on temperature or how often you wear the watch. It may even simply change over the watches life. So even if there was a way for adjustment (and I don't know if there is), even then you would end up needing to re-adjust the watch every once in while.
    roman_m likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fcasoli View Post
    Is multiband not receiving in your area?
    Now I live in Dubai time zone, and Multiband is forcibly disabled for this zone.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    This is an ISO 6425 certified watch. That means it was individually tested and certified by the factory before sold, which is a very unique feature. So I would sure not mess around opening it and thereby loose the reassurance of that factory testing.

As far as accuracy goes, I too very much like my watches to be accurate. But I would not open any watch for 10 seconds +/- per month. This is well within specifications AND changes anyway depending on temperature or how often you wear the watch. It may even simply change over the watches life. So even if there was a way for adjustment (and I don't know if there is), even then you would end up needing to re-adjust the watch every once in while.
    Thanks for your opinion! I also wouldn't want to open the watch in the vain, but the bad accuracy is very annoying. My AE1200, F91W, DW-290 and MDV-106 for $50 shows better accuracy than Frogman.
    What affects the accuracy? I noticed that accuracy really changes: in one week the watches shows perfectly accuracy, but in another week is in hurry for 3 second. But I have no idea what can be wrong.

Our watches simply have their accuracy tolerances by design. As previously mentioned, these tolerances will change with temperature, so it will matter how often you wear your watch and at what temperature you store it. If I remember correctly an F17 member here @GaryK30 has been tracking the accuracy of his watches over the years and has made a graph about the changes. I have seen other threads on other sections of WUS about this type of accuracy tracking as well.

Also if you check other sections of WUS, you will be able to read about high accuracy quartz movements that some high end manufacturers offer. In this instances the quartz is temperature compensated to ensure improved accuracy. However mind that that is not the technology that our watches are using.

So depending on how you look at things there is nothing is really wrong with your Frogman. You understandably may wish it to be more accurate, but in this case you might just as well regard any increased accuracy that exceeds far beyond factory specifications as a matter of luck.

By the way, one of my most accurate watch used to be is my Casio WS200H, with near spot on +/- 0 second per accuracy month. But now after a year of ownership it has changed to about +3 second per month. I'm sure this will change even more with increased age of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    By the way, one of my most accurate watch used to be is my Casio WS200H, with near spot on +/- 0 second per accuracy month. But now after a year of ownership it has changed to about +3 second per month. I'm sure this will change even more with increased age of the watch.
    For the 8 month period of Daylight Saving Time, one of my W-S210 models was off by 0 seconds. It was the champion for this 8 month period. One of my other Casios was off by almost 2 minutes over the same period.

I find that at least half of my watches run faster from year to year. The others seem to retain their same basic accuracy.

For example, my PAS-400 ran about 6 seconds fast per month back in 2012. Now it's up to about 15 seconds fast per month.
    WES51 likes this.

Thread Information