Impulse buy today....and it wasn't a G....

Thread: Impulse buy today....and it wasn't a G....

Impulse buy today....and it wasn't a G....

I didn't need it...wasn't even sure I wanted it. But pics of it kept popping up here, in the G Shock forum. So, on an impulse, I picked up an SGW100. Can't complain as I only paid $12 for it (gotta love finding old gift cards)! But I might be having buyer's remorse. It's a good looking watch, and I like the functions. But it feels kinda whimpy. I hoped it would be a bit heavier. And I'll tell you what's REALLY bothering me...how can you have a watch this big on such a tiny band??? To me this super skinny, what looks like a woman's watch band, has no business being on a watch this size. So, question time...any way to mod this to fit on a Zulu?

Name:  IMG_20110312_174903.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  77.0 KBName:  IMG_20110312_174716.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  84.3 KBName:  IMG_20110312_174915.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  69.4 KBName:  IMG_20110312_174740.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  81.8 KB
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Re: Impulse buy today....and it wasn't a G....

PM me and I'll give you $20 for it.

Can't help you re: a zulu and adaptors but you might try tiktox. Baring that give it a go for a week or two. It's hard not to like those super large digits in such a nice display and case.

I wish the SWG-300 had the presence (display) of the 100. I would be all over it.

You're right...the display on this one is great. I was looking at a 300 also, but this one just looked better. Plus, I figured I'd find better use for a compass than I would an altimeter. And I think I found a solution to my problem. I don't even think I need to buy any adapters. Going to order a NATO strap this week and get this watch looking RIGHT!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats!

Nice one! It's on my wish-list but I never pulled the trigger so far. In fact I think all the SGW models are just great. The display of the SGW-300 is pretty good I think, too.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Well, I had a 20mm Zulu attached to my SGW-100. But to be honest, I didn't like the look at all, so I swichted back to the original band.

I agree, it does look and feel a bit flimsy at first, but after a couple days you get used to it and you won't recognize it anymore - give it a shot.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Would you happen to have a pic of your SGW-100 on the Zulu? When you did that, did you buy strap adapters or did you just use the metal bar that's under the current strap?
    Hook 'Em!!

Actually a good idea to use the metal clips as adapters I think. Have to get me a SGW-100 some day I guess.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Would you happen to have a pic of your SGW-100 on the Zulu? When you did that, did you buy strap adapters or did you just use the metal bar that's under the current strap?
    Sorry no pic available. Yeah, I simply used the clips to keep the Zulu in place. adapters are not necessary but recommended becaue they make the angle wider to wrap the band around your wrist (looks better and is more comfortable IMO).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thread Information