Incoming Casio W96H

Thread: Incoming Casio W96H

Incoming Casio W96H

Just received my new W96H. It's a simple digital Casio which I find very good looking for a non-G. As often seen, it has some advantages over Gshocks. The display is very legible and big, with full date and year.
    It's absolutely weighless (30 g) and extremely comfortable.
    The time is visible in all modes. But there aren't so many modes... alarm (snooze), stw, dual time . Also an alarm can be set for a specific date. Calendar is until 2099, and 10 year battery, WR 50m.
    Minuses are : there are no cdt, no time zones, when adjusting you can only go forward no backward (+ only, no -), the screen isn't protected.
    Overall, one of the best cheap digital Casio in my subjective opinion :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Re: Incoming Casio W96H

I saw that same model first introduced about 3 months ago here in M'sia with starting price of USD23/MYR78. But now is USD35/MYR119. Since then, when I saw that watch at the local watchshop I feel regret not to buy it at first place. I thought waiting can make the price reduce...

With Best Regard... Caseiko

Quote Originally Posted by Caseiko View Post
    I saw that same model first introduced about 3 months ago here in M'sia with starting price of USD23/MYR78. But now is USD35/MYR119. Since then, when I saw that watch at the local watchshop I feel regret not to buy it at first place. I thought waiting can make the price reduce...
    I bought it on ebay for 20 USD
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice pickup! And for that price, you couldn't go wrong! The major advantage of a G, of which I love most about a G is, the crystal is usually recessed about 3 mm or so, which is the largest factor in my watch purchase, I cannot have a watch with a scratch on the crystal, major pet peeve for me. It seems every watch I own that has no crystal protection had just as well have a target right in the middle of it, I worry to much when I wear a non G.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Better pics
    Concerning the lack of screen protection, it's a minus sure. But the watch is so light no fall could break it. Scratches could happen...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a nice watch. There is something attractive in those simple, digital Casio's. I am quite new to G-Shocks and I sometimes wore those simple watches on holiday. This year's summer I took a F-E10-1A to the mountains for hiking and camping, without problems. They are not as shock resistant and water resistant as a G-Shock, but they are quite tough.

I snorkeled in Thailand with a STR300, it fell many times and still looks new after years.
    Indeed these "simple" Casio are for real. But they lack the magic of Gshocks.

Its raining like cat and dog today afternoon here in Malacca. Walking under tiny canopy of shop lots and water raised nearly a foot deep. Suddenly I stop walking after passed by a watch shop. Even in cold wet, I smiled. There is a hope for USD20. Gosh.. this wish list of mine is growing.

With Best Regard... Caseiko

Thread Information