Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

Thread: Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

As per title, just bought this from the bay of good hope (After a self imposed buying ban since xmas, i couldn't resist this one)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=005

Got it really to go with my ADMA Codename, as i find it such a comfortable watch to wear and thought the yellow would make a nice change

Despite searching the net, including Sjors' excellent repository of knowledge, i am, as yet unable to glean much information about this model.

Any insights would be appreciated

Rusty

Wink Re: Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

Hi Rusty,

Marc Aurele is a designer for Agnes B. It does not say much to me, but I believe Agnes B is a fashion brand that is known in japan. I'm not sure if they were actually made for the german market, but I found 4 of the 5 I have there. There is this sticker on the box:

I am not sure if 1200 is the total emmision. I know there must have been a matching Baby-G, but I have only seen them in books. The yellow color is very beautiful and deep. A complete set comes in the box you got from eBay, with the second strap and (pretty useless) springbar tool. The double band is by far the best matching. On the Codename I find the gap where the band is attached between the band and case a little bit on the big size. I rather have no gap at all, like on most other G-Shocks.

I love this model, that's why I have probably 5 of them. It's the only box that says: "Positive Yellow". In Germany this model is called "Positive Yellow" too.

I hope you see your watch soon,

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

Thanks for that Sjors, it's another 'fashion' collaboration then

I kmow what you mean about the strap, it looks a bit like the strap from a Riseman to me. I'll mostly be wearing it on the double band, same as my ADMA, it's just so comfy to wear

Rusty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

Hi Rusty,

Make me jealous...I still want an ADMA (and Stan2323 has have even them all). As you own an ADMA, then you know what to expect I think. Only the case is black and the strap is yellow.

Kind regards,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Incoming DW-8800AB-9T MARC AURELE - Info wanted....

Good score!

The Dog Musher is also great looking G.

I bought a gold and jelly DW9700 ICERC tidegraf (gulfman) from the same seller, he was very helpful and even sent me pics of his entire collection. It was very nice to say the least, almost entirely 1990's models, all limited edition, mint condition and all purchased new in Japan.

Thread Information