Incoming GW-9010 Mudman

Thread: Incoming GW-9010 Mudman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Incoming GW-9010 Mudman

Well, thanks to this site, my interest in watches has been rekindled. A few months ago, after getting my son a G-Shock G2300-9V, I realized just how many cool G's there were out there. I first settled on my GW9200-1 Riseman. I love this watch, using the altimeter for hiking/running. The watch is good looking, and super comfortable. Well, after seeing so many other models, I again got the itch to get another, and I love the looks of the Mudman series. Something about the slightly lower profile, the round buttons, and the functions are great as well. I settled on wanting the GW-9010, mainly because I love atomic now that I have it. I was holding off due to the cost, but I happened to see a GW-9010 on ebay that was listed as brand new, but not in original box. The buy it now price was in the mid two figures, so I figured what the heck! It arrived yesterday, and looks to be perfectly genuine. It actually did come in a box for a G9100, so I don't know if it was a shady return from a store, or if that was just the only box available, or what. But, from everything I can determine, the watch looks genuine. I have to say that I love this watch. I like the red accents, and the module is great. Good display, shows dual time in the main screen constantly if you want (I actually wish the Riseman would do it longer than a few seconds). So, I now have something else in the rugged department to share time with my Riseman. Here is the QD Blackberry picture, so that is the reason it looks "dusty".

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Incoming GW-9010 Mudman

personally i find the GW-9010 rather ugly, but do YOU find it so ugly too, that the picture has to hide itself?

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    personally i find the GW-9010 rather ugly, but do YOU find it so ugly too, that the picture has to hide itself?

cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post

cheers
    Is the picture not visible?

Congrats, welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by rhlanham View Post
    Is the picture not visible?
    no, i'm afraid it is not.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I love this watch - enjoy yours.

Banned

Congrats! Nice watch. I like it, too. One of the best displays and modules. Have been hunting one for a while but they are hard to come by these days. So you got a good catch.

The Riseman should show dual time constantly if set to do so. You are supposed to be able to switch between date and dual time display while in time mode. In that case it switches back when you release the button. But in WT mode both times are displayed constantly. You lose the date either way. Although I have just discovered on my GW-2500 that when I'm in WT mode and I press the receive button I get the date of the WT city. This is not in the manual. See if it works for the Riseman, too.

If you want a watch that shows the home time with it's date AND the second time with city code simultaneously you need a Seiko SPBG001 or a G-77xx.

Till

Quote Originally Posted by tfar View Post
    Congrats! Nice watch. I like it, too. One of the best displays and modules. Have been hunting one for a while but they are hard to come by these days. So you got a good catch.

The Riseman should show dual time constantly if set to do so. You are supposed to be able to switch between date and dual time display while in time mode. In that case it switches back when you release the button. But in WT mode both times are displayed constantly. You lose the date either way. Although I have just discovered on my GW-2500 that when I'm in WT mode and I press the receive button I get the date of the WT city. This is not in the manual. See if it works for the Riseman, too.

If you want a watch that shows the home time with it's date AND the second time with city code simultaneously you need a Seiko SPBG001 or a G-77xx.

Till
    Yes, you are correct about being in WT mode in the Riseman. That is a good workaround on the time! I'm still trying to catch the gist of the Rally time mode. Not sure when I'll need it, but I do like it alot!

Am i the only one who doesn't see any picture?

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information