The Independent Newspaper (UK) - 50 best watches

Thread: The Independent Newspaper (UK) - 50 best watches

The Independent Newspaper (UK) - 50 best watches

Casio I love the Eighties charm of Casio. The G-Shock and Baby G were origina...

"I love the Eighties charm of Casio. The G-Shock and Baby G were originally sold on their shock and water resistance, although the punchy futuristic design and range of colours meant that they quickly became cult watches. This limited-edition white version is one of a select range to celebrate 25 years of the G-Shock."

Re: The Independent Newspaper (UK) - 50 best watches

Thanks for that. Interesting article, if only to prove that they have to be written to appeal to everyone, at least once out of fifty watches.

There are some truly awful things there. But I'm not the other 98% of the readers
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Quote Originally Posted by rincage View Post
    Casio I love the Eighties charm of Casio. The G-Shock and Baby G were origina...

"I love the Eighties charm of Casio. The G-Shock and Baby G were originally sold on their shock and water resistance, although the punchy futuristic design and range of colours meant that they quickly became cult watches. This limited-edition white version is one of a select range to celebrate 25 years of the G-Shock."
    This article have been posted before as it is quite old by now. But it cant hurt to bring it out again...
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, nice article.

Wow. What a list - pandering to all tastes and suceeding in ..... one?

Here's my favourite from the list:

The blurb from the Independent newspaper is very funny reading:

This is a nice idea for boys who want to be just like their fathers. These Schaffhausen father-and-son watches are certainly not cheap, but the Pilot design with rhodium-plated dial, cockpit design and crocodile-leather straps are classic creations. The only real difference is that while the adult version is platinum, the son's is made from resistant stainless steel.
    IWC (Official IWC Schaffhausen website - Luxury watches from Switzerland) - £29,000

Oooh! Daddy's got junior a Trust Fund lol

Thread Information