Info Needed on GW-600BJ (Black Force?)

Thread: Info Needed on GW-600BJ (Black Force?)

Question Info Needed on GW-600BJ (Black Force?)

Hi, i am new here, i was wondering about this watch (G Shock GW-600BJ)

I am in th UK and i believe this watch is not available to buy over here or in Europe which is a shame but i would like to get hold of one over the internet, can anyone recommend a good dealer?

Also i believe the Wave Ceptor part wont work if it's a Japanese market watch but i would have to live without that feature i guess, can anyone shed any light on whether i am right on this?

I know there is a stainless steel version of this watch in the UK but i am not so intersted in that one

Also i was wondering about the material this black one is made of, is it steel but painted, or is there any plastic on the bezel area?

Cheers! Ric

Wink Re: Info Needed on GW-600BJ (Black Force?)

Hi Ric,

Lots of questions in your firt post, but first of all, welcome to the G-Shock forum. I'm not pretty known by this model, but I think you are right about it's a JP model. I also believe this is not a 5 band model, so the signal reception won't work here The black material is if I'm right a vaporized metal coating and is pretty tough. We have some MTG-910 MI:3 owners on this forum that claim their watcvhes are still looking good (same coating). I have a ProTrek with a similar coating and the coating is holding up OK.

I'm not sure of the upperpart of the bezel. If the SS version is steel, than it is steel on this also, but it looks like it's resin. This is actually not bad, because the resin used by G-Shock on bezels are very strong (it won't scratch or damage easily).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Info Needed on GW-600BJ (Black Force?)

Hi Sjors, thanks for the welcome :)

im really a vintage digital watch collector of Casios, Seikos and Citizens, i was never really bothered about G-Shocks but i have since seen a few which have caught my eye plus i feel i would like any every day watch which can stand some punishment as opposed to my 30 year old Citizen Ana Digi!

Anyway thanks for the info, i have been since looking again at the stainless steel version again and may try and purchase that one first and if i like it then try and locate the black version above, we'll see

I will post an update if i get my hands on it ;)

Cheers! Ric

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Info Needed on GW-600BJ (Black Force?)

I haven't bothered looking further into this model G-Shock but i did find a new G-Shock which caught my eye and at these prices i thought why not buy 2! :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270050544164

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270050544601&

Cheers! Ric

Thread Information