Innards of a fake g-shock
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By kcohS-G

Thread: Innards of a fake g-shock

Off topic Innards of a fake g-shock

Sorry for the OT:

I bought a fake ga-100 for $6 because i want to use its bezel and case (in this case, the bezel is also the case ) as a head/face of a custom G-man that im trying to make (emphasis on "trying")

since ive got no use for its module, i took it apart and was surprised at all the tiny little gears and cogs that makes the analog hands move. Just look at it! How the heck do the counterfeiters make money? The assembly of this thing alone astounds me. $6!!! Six dollars!!! Those are not wood screws in the pics btw, those are the tiny case back screws, its that tiny.

The thing also got the "disco" light led and it also has its digital time, date, alarms, timers etc. working. The analog hands move just like the real thing when you adjust the digital time. The only thing it doesnt have are the auto el function and the speed hands are just painted on.

Sorry no pics when the watch was still a watch ... I got excited with my g-man project and gutted the thing immediately. (never intended to post this in the first place, just want to share my amazement)

maybe i'll buy another one and practice on hydro modding

JohnQFord, TRSCP, nigelw and 5 others like this.

Re: Innards of a fake g-shock

Neat! Now where's the bits for the LCD screens? :)

Having disassembled GA100's in the past, I can tell you that there definitely is a lot of small bits and pieces for the analog. I got scared at first, but everything kinda only fits in its assigned place ;)

I have a fake DW6900 at home I still need to bust open, see if it's even remotely close to the real thing! (doubting it, but you never know!)

Thanks for this bit of science, kcohs-G! :)

Re: Innards of a fake g-shock

Surprised at all the tiny little gears and cogs that makes the analog hands move. Just look at it! How the heck do the counterfeiters make money? The assembly of this thing alone astounds me. $6!!!

The wonders of mass production! They can be so cheap by cutting the costs for marketing, adverts, distribution chain, and customer care. Mechanisms are very easy to design, and manufacture. Tooling is the toughest part. Therefore it depends very much on large production lots. Actual assembly works by well designed workflows to keep time low and use unskilled very cheap labour.

Thread Information