Interested in purchasing 9400 Rangeman (Green), but ...
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By duke4c
  • 2 Post By Bdickerson84
  • 1 Post By Cobia

Thread: Interested in purchasing 9400 Rangeman (Green), but ...

for whatever reason, it appears that there is no opportunity to actually see and hold a Rangeman (in my area) prior to purchasing (surprising to me, but, is what it is). There are places that carry GShocks, but, for whatever reason, not the Rangeman.

My only option is mail-order, and, in fact, the official casio site is showing "out of stock". I have found a few other reputable on-line retailers that have one.

I am "old school" in the sense that I like to hold/feel, prior to purchasing.

A google search in my area is coming up dry as well. Any suggestions? I am not opposed to buying sight-unseen. This would be my first GSHock. For those that have one of these, do you recommend it / like it ?

If I like the Rangeman, is there another model you would say "if you like that one, check out THIS one" just to consider an alternative GShock?

Pardon the somewhat open-ended question, but.... here we have it.

I appreciate your time in advance.
    GrumpyAeroGuy
    (says it all)

Re: Interested in purchasing 9400 Rangeman (Green), but ...

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyAeroGuy View Post
    for whatever reason, it appears that there is no opportunity to actually see and hold a Rangeman (in my area) prior to purchasing (surprising to me, but, is what it is). There are places that carry GShocks, but, for whatever reason, not the Rangeman.

My only option is mail-order, and, in fact, the official casio site is showing "out of stock". I have found a few other reputable on-line retailers that have one.

I am "old school" in the sense that I like to hold/feel, prior to purchasing.

A google search in my area is coming up dry as well. Any suggestions? I am not opposed to buying sight-unseen. This would be my first GSHock. For those that have one of these, do you recommend it / like it ?

If I like the Rangeman, is there another model you would say "if you like that one, check out THIS one" just to consider an alternative GShock?

Pardon the somewhat open-ended question, but.... here we have it.

I appreciate your time in advance.
    I thought about this and here is the best I can do:
    Take 6900 in store and 2310 - both common models and should be wildely avaliable.

Now imagine if they had a baby...

Poor comparasion to rangeman perhaps but it's best I could do.
    Size and height wise rangeman is close to 6900... but 6900 is a bit more comfortable on the wrist (totally subjective opinioon here - take it with caution)
    shape (again subjectively) wise it's like evolved 2310 (general screen look is not that far off...
    I'm talking about eye and the way the screen is split into 3 parts - eye, upper portion to the left and below portion)

And yes, I have no idea whatsoever if this actually a helpfull post...

Also, since you like negative, a quick look at some negative models in stock will help you to "guess" how easy it is to read...
    If you can look at GD-350 negative and imagine "slightly worst" legibility and you should get the idea...

EDIT:
    It's not supprising that RANGEMAN is not that commonly avaliable... Here in Canada for example it's almost flat out impossible to see it in person...
    Why? Very few retailers here actually carry G-Shocks and those that do have long ago figured that no G-Shock over 150 bucks (CAD) actually sells.
    So 330 dollar G-Shock (MSRP) is no where to be found...
    Last edited by duke4c; May 1st, 2014 at 16:38.
    Crater and idkfa like this.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Thank you very much for your reply. This is the first opportunity I've had to get back on the board.

Yes, it does help, and, thank you. I'll troll around and look at what's "on-hand" and try to morph some things together to get an idea.

Your pricing point comments are well received. The retailers I find in my area that carry "on-hand" G-Shocks carry only those at, or below, the US$200 price point. It would appear that the retailers experience that they can "move" the more economically priced GSHocks... the others... "not so much". I can agree in so far that I observe the same thing around my area (US Midwest).
    GrumpyAeroGuy
    (says it all)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Rangeman fits me very nicely, it wears a lot smaller than the specs suggest. On my wrist it is a bit lower profile than the GA series and the GD-350. It is quite a bit bigger than a 6900.

Definitely not old school, with clothing and accessories it's good to see how it fits ya and if you like it or not. Order one from Macy's with the coupon code .. if you don't like it return it to their store if there is one in your area. Otherwise you can mail it back but may have to pay for return shpping.

If you order from zappos they offer free return shipping but it would end up costing more.

Hi mate, the green rangeman was my first g-shock aswell.

I can report its a fantastic sleek looking watch, i bought it without ever seeing it in the flesh, the green is an awesome green, the neg display is fine imo, easy to read in all conditions apart from inside at night under low light, but it has a great led light anyway, great ABC functions, it wears smaller than it looks, comfortable, if it wasnt for this neg green rangeman i would have never bought a digital watch, i highly recommend this particular model.

cheers mate

i don't have it, because:

- over priced with features that I don't need

- borrowed design (look at the Riseman, 9200)

- many tougher and better looking Gshock can be had for less, I would like to think that my money is spent wisely (ex. an old frogman) LOLz

so if you can't try on one, then, don't buy one - it's a watch, not even a pair of sneakers to protect your feet - LOLz

I love the rangeman. I have small wrists and it fits me well. Do I need all the features it has? No. But they are a nice benefit. I hike (sometimes) and camp (sometimes) but as an everyday wear it's completely comfortable and looks great. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. It's a very "manly" looking watch.

PS: order one from amazon, try it on, if you don't like it just send it back. They make it very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bdickerson84; May 3rd, 2014 at 06:30.
    Cobia and Deepsea_dweller like this.
    GWF-1000-1JF, GXW-56GB, GXW-56KG, G-9300GY-1DR

[QUOTE=G-fob;7758745]i don't have it, because:

- over priced with features that I don't need

- borrowed design (look at the Riseman, 9200)

Hi mate, im interested in hearing how you calculate toughness? and what are the ''many other'' tougher G's that can be had for less money?

This is not an expensive watch, one can get it for under $250, how is buying a used vintage frogman with no solar and no ABC a better buy than this watch? it seems like fair value to me.

And im not sure about your last comment, id rather buy a watch without trying it on than a pair of sneakers that actually have to fit your feet.

cheers
    SMP_DON likes this.

Thread Information