Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Member babyivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    574

    Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    I walked into a local "hole in the wall" jeweler in Brooklyn and spotted a bunch of new old G-Shocks collecting dust and came upon a G-5600A-7. For those of you that I don't know , it's a multiband 5 that pre-dates the 5610. It had a 2010 serial number.
    He told me he would give it to me for $100 no tax. Considering these go on eBay for what looks like $300 right now, seems like a stellar deal. It's in new condition, except that the strap keeper has yellowed a bit. Been sitting in his display the whole time.

    I totally would have jumped on it, I just can't get myself to wear any off colors (non-black). I just pulled the yellow straps off of my 5610 mod. I try to like it, just too funky for me.

    He also had a dw6900 with a lime green lcd and gloss black strap, bezel and case. Looks to be at least 5-10 years old as well.

    If any of you G-Shock nuts are in the area, the jeweler is located on E. 18th St. and Kings Hwy. in Brooklyn, NY.

    Pic below is from ebay, as I hesitated to start snapping pictures of their stock.

  2. #2
    Member Ottovonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,601

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    I walked into a local "hole in the wall" jeweler in Brooklyn and spotted a bunch of new old G-Shocks collecting dust and came upon a G-5600A-7. For those of you that I don't know , it's a multiband 5 that pre-dates the 5610. It had a 2010 serial number.
    He told me he would give it to me for $100 no tax. Considering these go on eBay for what looks like $300 right now, seems like a stellar deal. It's in new condition, except that the strap keeper has yellowed a bit. Been sitting in his display the whole time.

    I totally would have jumped on it, I just can't get myself to wear any off colors (non-black). I just pulled the yellow straps off of my 5610 mod. I try to like it, just too funky for me.

    He also had a dw6900 with a lime green lcd and gloss black strap, bezel and case. Looks to be at least 5-10 years old as well.

    If any of you G-Shock nuts are in the area, the jeweler is located on E. 18th St. and Kings Hwy. in Brooklyn, NY.

    Pic below is from ebay, as I hesitated to start snapping pictures of their stock.
    Ohhh, I am tempted. I think that's a good deal. I've nearly bought that watch a few times; Kikuo Ibe wore that model, I believe, a few times. I was in Brooklyn during the weekend too.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

    View my collection **here**

    View my feedback by clicking **here**

    Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

    Otto

  3. #3
    Member babyivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    574

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    Ohhh, I am tempted. I think that's a good deal. I've nearly bought that watch a few times; Kikuo Ibe wore that model, I believe, a few times. I was in Brooklyn during the weekend too.
    I bet he would take even less with some haggling. Local shops like that always have some wiggle room.

    Sad to see all the stores along kings hwy struggling nowadays. Brick and mortar is suffering.

    I'm so tempted to grab it and throw it on a white taper style strap ... but I know in the end, I probably won't wear it
    JustAbe, Ottovonn and blondygirl69 like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    13,229

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    I have that model but I wear it on black resin. I like it better than the 5610 series because there is no red stripe.

    Name:  IMG_7098.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  3.29 MB

    And sometimes on green resin.

    Name:  IMG_8826.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  2.04 MB
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  6. #5
    Member acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,740

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Let's clear things up here...

    the G-5600A-7 it NOT Multiband

    if you want the MB version, you need to look for the GW-M5600A-7, which is what Rocat has.

  7. #6
    Member babyivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    574

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I have that model but I wear it on black resin. I like it better than the 5610 series because there is no red stripe.

    Name:  IMG_7098.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  3.29 MB

    And sometimes on green resin.

    Name:  IMG_8826.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  2.04 MB
    But I friggin love the red stripe, haha! Seriously tho, that simple red stripe stirs all kinds of emotions in me.
    Dxnnis likes this.

  8. #7
    Member babyivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    574

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    Let's clear things up here...

    the G-5600A-7 it NOT Multiband

    if you want the MB version, you need to look for the GW-M5600A-7, which is what Rocat has.
    Maybe im mixing up the model numbers, but it was most definitely the mb5 white square.

    Edit: you are correct, it must be the gw-m5600a-7. I did a quick google when I first did the thread and accidentally attributed the wrong model #.
    Good catch
    Last edited by babyivan; August 13th, 2019 at 01:21.
    Rocat likes this.

  9. #8
    Member Spartan247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,118

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    I donít blame you for not being able to do the colors. Iíve found I can only pull off black, white and blue. I tried both red and orange resins but just canít do it. I can do color on the back the band (5600HR), but thatís about it.
    babyivan likes this.

  10. #9
    Member babyivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    574

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan247 View Post
    I donít blame you for not being able to do the colors. Iíve found I can only pull off black, white and blue. I tried both red and orange resins but just canít do it. I can do color on the back the band (5600HR), but thatís about it.
    I feel like 20 years ago, I could totally rock a yellow G, but now I I feel silly... It's not something I'm conscious of, just something that came about as I got older.

    The same with wearing graphic T-shirts. I used to rock them all the time and have such a collection of different ones , but now I can't wear a T-shirt with any kind of logo. I want to, and I still collect them, but I just can't seem to get myself to actually wear them, LOL!
    This summer, I started buying polo shirts and now feel silly wearing something without a collar... Yes, I've become my father

    Btw, I have an obsession with the GW-B5600HR combi with the red accents on the links. I NEED one on my dw-5900!
    Last edited by babyivan; August 13th, 2019 at 04:09.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    13,229

    Re: Interesting find at a local Brooklyn jeweler..

    Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    I feel like 20 years ago, I could totally rock a yellow G, but now I I feel silly... It's not something I'm conscious of, just something that came about as I got older.

    The same with wearing graphic T-shirts. I used to rock them all the time and have such a collection of different ones , but now I can't wear a T-shirt with any kind of logo. I want to, and I still collect them, but I just can't seem to get myself to actually wear them, LOL!
    This summer, I started buying polo shirts and now feel silly wearing something without a collar... Yes, I've become my father

    Btw, I have an obsession with the GW-B5600HR combi with the red accents on the links. I NEED one on my dw-5900!
    No one really becomes their Dad until they have a wallet like this and carry a massive amount of house keys in their pocket that apparently go to every door lock they've ever had at every house/apartment they've ever lived at. ;)

    Dxnnis and babyivan like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts