International DST Help

Thread: International DST Help

International DST Help

Hey Everyone,

I bought a Casio G-Shock GX-56 a few months ago and really love it, I live in Australia but my girlfriend is currently back at her home in the US visiting her family so I always have my watch set to my local time and NYC time so that I can easily see what time it is over there.

The problem I'm having is regarding DST. when Im working the time out in my head what I usually do is minus 4 hours from my time and know that if its morning here it's night there, an example would be.. if it's 5PM here it's 1AM there or if its 3PM here it's 11PM there..

But her time just changed so now our time difference is 3 hours, I was really hoping my watch would auto detect NYC DST since thats what my watch is set to and take it into account but it hasn't. It will let me turn the DST of my local time on or off but mine hasn't changed yet (when it does I will minus 2 hours instead of the 3 now)

Is there any way to get my watch to detect DST settings of the international time my watch is set too as well as my local DST settings?

Thanks

Re: International DST Help

hold A (upper left) when in world time displaying NYC

Re: International DST Help

Quote Originally Posted by eurocopter View Post
    hold A (upper left) when in world time displaying NYC
    Perfect, tyvm.

Thread Information