International ordering hell

Thread: International ordering hell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry International ordering hell

I purchased a G-5700 from Tiktox in the UK. It takes a couple of weeks to get here and the solar battery doesnít hold a charge. I contacted them and they told me to send it back. So I paid $25 to mail it back. Then I get an email from them saying that it is held by customs and I need to pay $43 more. Does anyone know why I have to pay customs for a product Iím returning? O| O| O| I think it would have been cheaper to repair the watch from the beginning. If I donít pay the $43 I wasted the $25 I paid to ship it. Anyone have advise?

Re: International ordering hell

The first G-5600 and G-5700 were known for their faulty battery a few years ago. I guess yours was a NOS model. I don't know the appointments made about Tax, but European customs are very good in locating imoprted goods (and here in Europe we pay serious taxes, up to 20%), however, this watch was exported and imported again.

Since the recharchable batteries are improved, available in the U.S. and in Hawaii there would probably have been a good Casio Service or dive watch centre, I think for the $68,- you probably had the watch repaired and left enough money for a couple of drinks.

There is even a tutorial about how to replace a rechargeable cell in our How to.... subforum (you only need a water resist test, but on Hawaii I believe that must not too hard to find).

Maybe point to this phrase on their website:

Guarantee
    We guarantee your satisfaction. If the goods are not as described or in the unlikely event that they are faulty or damaged on receipt, once notified ( within 24 hours) we will arrange for an immediate refund or replacement. All Casio, Citizen and Seiko watches are genuine products and carry full Manufacturers UK Warranty. Price matching or offering a better price on the day, assumes an identical product & service is currently being advertised and has been available for that price during the last seven days. The terms 'Best Price' or 'A better Price' or 'Better Deal' assumes comparisons against the same product & value being advertised on the day.
    Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quite a mess. I would suggest that you do not pay the tariff and have the watch returned to you. Once it arrives have it shipped USPS priority insured to Casio's California repair center. The warranty should take care of any repair costs.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Catch 22 situation I guess

Obviously the parcel should have been marked at a low value when you sent it back, and marked as a "return repair". I would have marked it no value and sent it tracked express.

Obviously this TikTok is a genuine online retailer so they should indeed replace or refund if the product is faulty and should cover the shipping for you.

I dealt with them once and they were not very accurate at all.

I inquired about products shown on their site only to be told that they have sold out, although still offered for sale.

I dislike sites, or EBay sellers that offer items for sale only to inform you once you have paid that they don't have the items in stock, please "wait".

They should at least pay you interest on your paid money:-D

Don't get me wrong. I've heard many good reports from this seller both from Sjors an a few other's, although I have no purchase experience whatsoever with them:-S

I just wish sellers were more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    I dealt with them once and they were not very accurate at all. I inquired about products shown on their site only to be told that they have sold out, although still offered for sale.
    The tiktox site is usually accurate in this regard. I bought the last remaining example of a model, and a few minutes later the website showed my purchase by changing the number in stock to '0'. With tiktox, sluggish software is more likely to be the problem than misrepresentation.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    The tiktox site is usually accurate in this regard. I bought the last remaining example of a model, and a few minutes later the website showed my purchase by changing the number in stock to '0'. With tiktox, sluggish software is more likely to be the problem than misrepresentation.
    "Don't get me wrong. I've heard many good reports from this seller both from Sjors an a few other's"

My experience with Tiktox was a fruitful one. You may want to contact Keith for a further explanation.

Here is his email to help you out a little.
    cheers~
    SKy
    Last edited by Sjors; September 12th, 2006 at 19:49.

Jnaga, I can certainly relate to your problems. I recently purchased a vintage Seiko diver (6105-8110) from Singapore. Seller assured me that the watch was in excellent condition and recently serviced. When I received the watch, after wearing it for a week; the watch displayed moisture inside the case. It is now in the repair center to have all of the seals replaced at a tune of $130.00 USD. Sometimes it is better to take a loss and move on I guess.

I hope you can find some positive resolution to your situation.

My ordeal is finally over after a couple of months. My watch sat in British customs for a few weeks because nobody wanted to pay the fee. While I waited, I ordered a ctl1616 battery for $8 off the internet. I got the watch back today and attempted to replace the battery myself. I didnít take any pictures while I was doing the swap, because I was too nervous. Thankfully it seems to be working!!!

I used a needle to pry off the clip holding the battery and a used staple to reset the watch. lol

Wink Re: International ordering hell

Hi JNaga,

I'm glad your watch is working. Great looking watch. Too bad for the customs fee and bad battery.

BTW, how is everything in Hawaii now? I heard there was a earthquake last week?

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information