Intro and my dw-5400

Thread: Intro and my dw-5400

Intro and my dw-5400

Hi guys,

Great forum. Just wanted to introduce myself, I regularly wear my 6900 but my dad just found the first watch he ever gave me back in '86, a dw-5400 240 model, gold button edition. The bezel was gone and I was missing one golden screw, and one of the bands was breaking apart. But there was the original gold buckle.

I ordered a new band with a silver buckle, and put in a new battery, cr2016, using the duct tape method, and everything, including light and alarm, are running well.

Here's a pic of it with new band if I can upload this pic right. No one would have an extra gold screw would they? I couldn't find them in google or ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Intro and my dw-5400

Welcome and nice watch.

Good luck in getting the screw for the watch.

Welcome to the forum.

That's a great G-Shock. You can probably find compatible resin parts for it, but the original gold parts will be tough to find. Those must be rarer than the gold DW-5600C-9V.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Thanks guys. Your reply about the other watch got me thinking about the screw. Are there any other models with the same gold screw as the dw-5400? Because I don't mind looking for another model to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by auto208562 View Post
    Are there any other models with the same gold screw as the dw-5400? Because I don't mind looking for another model to get it.
    I would think that any of the models from that era would have compatible screws. But the gold screws for any of these are about as rare as parts get, in my experience. The regular silver ones have even been discontinued in the last few years, and are hard to find now. You might be able to find a used G to source parts from though. Yahoo Japan Auctions are a great source for hard to find stuff, but it's harder to purchase from there when you're not in Japan (FromJapan is a service that can help for a fee).

Thanks Riley for the tips and advice. I'll check it out (thought I can't read Japanese :) and if not, hopefully one day I'll cross paths with an old g-shock at a pawn shop or something.

Thanks again.

Welcome! That's a lovely watch, keep a lookout for old DW-5600C cases/beaten up watches, you'll find one with some screws eventually. You could easily source a DW-5600C-9V bezel which will fit the watch - won't look perfect but it'll work. Here is my DW-5700C-9 with that bezel on - it's better than nothing.

Thanks for the tip. I'll do some searching for that model also. Hopefully they are more common than the 5400. Now that you put a picture up, I actually like the "square" case better than the round one.

Thread Information