introducing myself...

Thread: introducing myself...

introducing myself...

Hi, I'm Pablo (that's spanish for Paul), sitting here in sweating Belgium (it's unusually hot these days) and going through the G-Shocking sites (¡dag Sjors !).

I do not own a G-Shock. Hmmm....
    I used to own one: a very square-shaped all-black thing dating back to ... something like the later eighties. From the looks of it, it must have been a 5600 series. I have thin wrists with a protruding ...er... hand-pivot bone-head (sorry, I'm not a surgeon), and the watch kept banging against that anatomical part, so one day I attached it to the backstrap of my backpack, and at Malaga airport, it was ¡gone!.

I went to Poljot sites, love the look of those, but ...-20/+30 seconds per day...mmm...didn't appeal (OK, I agree mechanicals may be pieces of art, but I like precision).

So, I internetshopped and am awaiting the arrival of a G-7300-1VER. In fact, that was -in part- an error, because the heading of the page of that (German, ja) website clearly displayed the "atomic" and "solar" symbols, so I -wrongly- assumed it to be a radio-controlled watch... anyway, I'll keep it when I get it, because I realize the price of €92 (shipping included) would not get me much in way of atomics (exceptions barred, like that "police" series, the looks of which I don't like).

So, ¿a G-7300, hey? Well, I guess I landed in Frogland (¿or is it Mudland?) here, and maybe I'm showing my age. For all I assume, I must be by far the oldest person on this forum!

"Oh well"
    (Question: which group did that song, hey?)

Polite and respectful regards,
    el Flamenco (¡Si!)

Re: introducing myself...

Welcome Pablo! You NEED a Mudman! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by PabloElFlamenco
    Hi, I'm Pablo (that's spanish for Paul), sitting here in sweating Belgium (it's unusually hot these days) and going through the G-Shocking sites (¡dag Sjors !).

I do not own a G-Shock. Hmmm....
    I used to own one: a very square-shaped all-black thing dating back to ... something like the later eighties. From the looks of it, it must have been a 5600 series. I have thin wrists with a protruding ...er... hand-pivot bone-head (sorry, I'm not a surgeon), and the watch kept banging against that anatomical part, so one day I attached it to the backstrap of my backpack, and at Malaga airport, it was ¡gone!.

I went to Poljot sites, love the look of those, but ...-20/+30 seconds per day...mmm...didn't appeal (OK, I agree mechanicals may be pieces of art, but I like precision).

So, I internetshopped and am awaiting the arrival of a G-7300-1VER. In fact, that was -in part- an error, because the heading of the page of that (German, ja) website clearly displayed the "atomic" and "solar" symbols, so I -wrongly- assumed it to be a radio-controlled watch... anyway, I'll keep it when I get it, because I realize the price of €92 (shipping included) would not get me much in way of atomics (exceptions barred, like that "police" series, the looks of which I don't like).

So, ¿a G-7300, hey? Well, I guess I landed in Frogland (¿or is it Mudland?) here, and maybe I'm showing my age. For all I assume, I must be by far the oldest person on this forum!

"Oh well"
    (Question: which group did that song, hey?)

Polite and respectful regards,
    el Flamenco (¡Si!)

Smile Re: introducing myself...

Hola Pablo,

It's not only hot and sweaty in Belgium. Today it was localy (Vlissingen/Flushing, theNetherlands) 35.5 ºC, a new record (the old record 34.1ºC was from 1915!). You will find out that we are from all ages. I'm almost 40 myself and I believe there are several guys here that are aound my age too, but you will find students and elderly man here around.

Belgium eh, that's I believe the second interesting place for G-Shock's in Europe, after Germany. I don't own a G-7300 model (yet) but I believe they have a very clear display with nice bright and big digits.

I think it's not really fair to compare mechanicals to quarts driven clockworks. If you calculate the precision of a mechaical clockwork that is just of 15 seconds a day, you will find out that that's a great accuracy proformance (just 0.017% off).

This is the same accuracy as measuring 1 km and just 17 cm off!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hé Sjors :thanks if I stretch my neck over at the window overlooking the Schelde river, I can almost see you: I'm 250 meters from Antwerp cathedral, at work (shipping...nothing for the moment)...

I agree to your "mechanical" remark, and I love the look of some of those chrono's (TAG)...but...you will agree with me that, when doing some marathon or triathlon, the last few seconds are the hardest! :silver

Welcome Pablo, Join the OMG is it hot out today. Upstate New York has been H&H (hot and humid). approx. 90F, good luck with your G when it arrives. Regards Steve

Quote Originally Posted by cmoy
    Welcome Pablo! You NEED a Mudman! :-D
    Well, Dear CMoy, I have just ordered a (cream) G9000 muddie from an outlet in Singapore (US$ 120 FedEx included, customs/clearance excluded).

This should settle my hunger for g-shocks for the moment.

I amazed myself ordering the cream version...usually, I go conservative, but from pictures it seems the cream watch has very good visibility, which I need.

Obviously, I have opted for the japanese techno style rather than the swiss finesse (and in matters chocolate, I buy Belgian)
    ...I must add price is a major factor, as I just cannot envisage myself walking down the street wearing more than 2000 bucks on my arm...

welcome pablo -we have a coffe over here called pablo
    and i see the g shock bug has got you it must be in the name paul as im a paul too
    you will be very happy with the g-7300 i had one for about a year and it worked very well even with my job which is a driller
    its a great watch and will stand anything you can throw at it
    say hi to sjor from australia when you vistit him
    looking forward to more post
    cheers dingo (paul)

Quote Originally Posted by dingosrun
    welcome pablo -we have a coffe over here called pablo
    and i see the g shock bug has got you it must be in the name paul as im a paul too
    you will be very happy with the g-7300 i had one for about a year and it worked very well even with my job which is a driller
    its a great watch and will stand anything you can throw at it
    say hi to sjor from australia when you vistit him
    looking forward to more post
    cheers dingo (paul)
    Hi - Dingo (no, no, don't drill into me... ) greetings to Ozzie, even tho I'm a Frog wine freak, I do from time to time indulge in excellent Australian wine... there's room in the world for every one!
    As to visiting Sjors, well, I noticed he comes to Antwerp from time to time and, once I have my frogman, he might be willing to condescendingly meet me for a beer (or a half, in his case). :-D

love those frogmans i have 2 arriving this week
    one i bought and one i traded cant wait

Thread Information