introduction

Thread: introduction

Banned

introduction

Hi all, i've been poking around and posting from time to time and thought a little intro would be nice.

I am a recent convert to the Casio world, i've seen them around for years but never bought one, even looking down on them from lack of knowledge, I knew they were supposed to be tough but who would go out in public with a "plastic" watch

I started diving in '71 and used various mechanicals from my favorite SM 300 to cheap throw away's you could buy for less than $15 in those days, great barter tools in some parts of the world.

i had been happy with my old ways for many years, even considered the BC a fad but this year i decided to start again from scratch, went through the basic dive course again to see what has changed {no better way so long as you can keep some self control and not let your preconceived notions interfere.. for me this has been a revelation, sort of like the first time i used a GPS a few years ago, wow i can now travel and enjoy the sights!

So after coming to grips with my failing vision, maybe its just my arms getting shorter, and putting some corrective lenses in my mask the world of digital has opened up for me, no more guess work. Times are tough now and I have decided that for me it's no more Mechanicals, the cost of service can buy a new watch!

I have become attached to the Frogman series of watches and really appreciate the versatility and I like the style, could it be better? Sure but its pretty nice as is. The cost of a frog can be seen as high if you are a long time Casio fan but i'm coming from the other direction and they seem pretty cheap to me for all they can do.

Unlike a lot of posters here I am not a collector by nature but I do buy a lot of something new to me to see what works best, at present I have 12 frogs, 10 are in this shot, there is a 6300, 9900, 3 8200's and 5 200's, some will stay and some will go but all are capable tools.

I do enjoy the knowledge and enthusiasm here on the "G" forum, everyone seems pretty level headed, so there you know more about me than some of my wives

Re: introduction

That's a nice Frog garden you have growing there.

Thanks for sharing your history. It's always interesting to me to read the story behind someone's collection. G-Shocks are a whole world of their own.

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. That's a very nice little group of Frogs!..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Brilliant Frogman collection - great to hear of them being used in their home environment too

Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed reading your post and cool picture

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lexvil View Post
    Hi all, i've been poking around and posting from time to time and thought a little intro would be nice.

I am a recent convert to the Casio world, i've seen them around for years but never bought one, even looking down on them from lack of knowledge, I knew they were supposed to be tough but who would go out in public with a "plastic" watch

I started diving in '71 and used various mechanicals from my favorite SM 300 to cheap throw away's you could buy for less than $15 in those days, great barter tools in some parts of the world.

i had been happy with my old ways for many years, even considered the BC a fad but this year i decided to start again from scratch, went through the basic dive course again to see what has changed {no better way so long as you can keep some self control and not let your preconceived notions interfere.. for me this has been a revelation, sort of like the first time i used a GPS a few years ago, wow i can now travel and enjoy the sights!

So after coming to grips with my failing vision, maybe its just my arms getting shorter, and putting some corrective lenses in my mask the world of digital has opened up for me, no more guess work. Times are tough now and I have decided that for me it's no more Mechanicals, the cost of service can buy a new watch!

I have become attached to the Frogman series of watches and really appreciate the versatility and I like the style, could it be better? Sure but its pretty nice as is. The cost of a frog can be seen as high if you are a long time Casio fan but i'm coming from the other direction and they seem pretty cheap to me for all they can do.

Unlike a lot of posters here I am not a collector by nature but I do buy a lot of something new to me to see what works best, at present I have 12 frogs, 10 are in this shot, there is a 6300, 9900, 3 8200's and 5 200's, some will stay and some will go but all are capable tools.

I do enjoy the knowledge and enthusiasm here on the "G" forum, everyone seems pretty level headed, so there you know more about me than some of my wives
    im glad my frogs have gone to a better place..nice natural display...dont forget i still owe u the 204 bezel

hi lex, thanks for the lovely introduction. i can relate to it on a couple levels. like you, i tend to really dive deep into new interests. after a while i'll realize i need to come up for breath and at that point some things stick and some shake out, but it was all good fun and the bills are still paid. i also don't have a strong collecting streak.

the frog... hmm. if you had to choose one g-shock to specialize in, that's the one! i can't say i've been compelled to buy yet. based on your earlier posts i see you uncommitted towards the new atomic frog. any new thoughts after a week?
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Wow, that's an awesome collection you've got. (despite you modestly claim that you're not a collector)
    May I ask which one's your favorate?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by azraelz View Post
    im glad my frogs have gone to a better place..nice natural display...dont forget i still owe u the 204 bezel
    i remember, please don't forget me if you happen across a yellow 6300 bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    hi lex, thanks for the lovely introduction. i can relate to it on a couple levels. like you, i tend to really dive deep into new interests. after a while i'll realize i need to come up for breath and at that point some things stick and some shake out, but it was all good fun and the bills are still paid. i also don't have a strong collecting streak.

the frog... hmm. if you had to choose one g-shock to specialize in, that's the one! i can't say i've been compelled to buy yet. based on your earlier posts i see you uncommitted towards the new atomic frog. any new thoughts after a week?
    I like the look of the new frog but don't love it, at the right price i would buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPquark View Post
    Wow, that's an awesome collection you've got. (despite you modestly claim that you're not a collector)
    May I ask which one's your favorate?
    if i were to choose just one it would probably be one of the dyed GG's, i still like the orange and the yellow tinted display agrees with my eyes more.

Thread Information