Introduction and a Few Questions.

Thread: Introduction and a Few Questions.

Introduction and a Few Questions.

Hi everyone,

I'm getting myself a new Casio G-Shock G2300-9V, I'm familiar with them as I had a fake in Bali, hopefully they're sort of the same Anyway, onto my questions.

With the gold display, will it make things harder to read? (I can read things up close very well but not when they're far away.)

I've noticed that in a few photos of this watch, it shows a sort of signal bar or something, just above the time, what is that?

Also, how long (roughly) will it take to recharge the solar battery and will I need to recharge it as soon as I get it?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm very excited as this will be my first G-Shock since 2005, I got it off of Amazon and it should be arriving on Friday or Monday. I can't wait!
    Cats + Watches = Scratched

Re: Introduction and a Few Questions.

The display should be fine - nice and legible.

The signal bar you are seeing is possibly the difference between G-2300 and GW-2300. The GW has atomic timekeeping - reading a time signal to sync with an atomic clock for perfect accuracy. Not sure if that will work for you in oz.

I've had solar watches arrive at H (high) and M (medium) but never L (low).

But some people receive watches from perfectly respectable sellers at L or uncharged - and you need to get it into the direct sunlight for a good few hours if so. Its a bit of a moveable feast as to how long it takes to recharge - depends on how bright the sun is etc.

Most solar watches from Casio are rated to run for at least over a year or so on a full charge - i.e. if you gave it no sun time at all it would still run that long. You might run it harder if you use the light a lot, or the alarms.

In reality you'll undoubtably be wearing the watch sometimes so it should never fully discharge - and in fact you don't want to do that - better to keep them topped up as best you can.

Thanks for the clarifications, I'll be using this watch all the time! Oh, I have one more question, as I love the beach, will it get scratched easily on rocks or coral etcetera?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Its a tough watch, like them all.

I wouldn't say it will get scratched easily - it is not invulnerable to scratching though.

A lot people use this or a similar G Shock without ever picking up a noticeable ding, some get a few knocks on the case/bezel, and the crystal is mineral glass so it can get scratched.

The point is that its a lot tougher than probably anything else you could pick up, and hey its a G - meant to be used and used hard.

The occasional scuff won't take away from it, if it picks one or two up.

Ok, thanks. I have one last question, hope I'm not bothering you too much.

The watch is "pre-programmed" to 2039, does that mean that by 2039 I'll need a new watch? Or does it simply mean it is auto-programmed to 2039 and I can set it through settings?

Thanks for all your help.

If someone could help me, that would be great!

Welcome to the forum.

I think if that module only goes to 2039 that after that you have to select another previous year that's compatible. They repeat every seven years, or something like that. I've obviously never had to deal with this issue.

You reset to the correct date in 2012, since the Gregorian calendar repeats on a 28-year cycle. You can do this until 2099.
    2040-2012 = 28
    Ghobbit

But it won't actually show the year after 2039, will it?

Will it? I have a feeling that it's no but I probably won't even keep it until 2039. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I'm up fairly early and am quite tired.

Thread Information