Introduction, and ?tion about how to get my Kermit!

Thread: Introduction, and ?tion about how to get my Kermit!

Thumbs Up Introduction, and ?tion about how to get my Kermit!

Hello from sunny Miami, FL!!! :)

I just recently got into G-Shocks. My first purchase was a khaki/tan Mudman last year (I wanted a white one but it looked white to me), a glossy white G-Lide, a turquoise G-lide, and the prettiest one, the Metallic Purple 6900. The last one gets a lot of compliments :)

After trolling these boards for the last couple of weeks and doing research, I found a G-Shock that really caught my eye, the WCCS Frogman with white lettering. I got it off Ebay (I know, I know), for a very decent price, luckily the auction had the new buyer protection, so I'm not very worried. I will post pics as soon as I get it in.

My birthday is coming up, and I'm torn between buying a tattoo or the Love the Sea and the Earth Frogman (aka the Kermit, which is funny bc the 1st time I saw it, I thought of Kermit). Where would the best place to get it be? I see about 5 on Ebay from apparently excellent, reputable sellers.

I read it originally retailed for around $320 (US). The lowest I see on Ebay is $550 plus shipping but with a Best Offer deal.

Where would be the most safe place to order this from, and what price would be the most decent? I'm not trying to buy this for $200 (although that would be sweet), but I do want peace of mind. I think this watch is absolutely beautiful and I want it on my wrist!

Thanks, I hope you guys can accept me on this board and I hope I can contribute as well.

:)

Re: Introduction, and ?tion about how to get my Kermit!

The Kermit Frogman is very popular (and uncommon) so I doubt you will see it selling for release price or close to it. I tried searching the WUS sales forum and I could only find ONE instance of it being sold on here (for $500). If you can swing it then I think you should jump at the chance to get one while they are still available. I don't forsee the price coming down on these now that they are discontinued.

They go for a bit cheaper on FromJapan (looks like the Buy It Now prices are in the neighborhood of $460-490 USD):

http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/s...-200f&auccat=0

If you search this forum for "FromJapan" you will find a How-To on how to utilize this company to act as your intermediary with Yahoo Japan auctions. They will handle the bidding and shipping process.

If you go with an eBay seller, just make sure you go with a seller with plenty of good feedback, bonus points if he/she has sold many watches or G-Shocks. Pay with a credit card via Paypal for an extra layer of protection. This is true of any eBay auction.

Welcome to the forum!
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Welcome. Happy early birthday. Good luck with your search for Kermit. Its a beauty.
    Couple of watches here and there

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Introduction, and ?tion about how to get my Kermit!

Hi DJIA,

Welcome to our forum. The best way to get the Kermit was buying it when it was released. I roughly paid half the price what you pay for it now. It seems to be a pretty limited model.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Welcome!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your warm welcoming.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't mind paying the $500 - $550 for this watch- It is just to nice to pass up. I think I will press my luck with Ebay. I see the sellers have outstanding feedback. I will keep you guys posted.

I think it's funny how someone new to the G-Shock game is aiming for the big watches so early on! I am a recovering sneaker addict that ended the sneaker run when I was fortunate enough to purchase the Jordan Space Jams. But now I'm addicted to G-Shocks!

Again, thank you for your input, and when I'm ready to order the Kermit, I will let you guys know.

Welcome to the forum.

Finding one in Japan will probably be your best bet. You can ask one of the dealers there to source you one for a small fee.

Last edited by mongo; April 1st, 2010 at 05:39.

Thread Information