investment?

Thread: investment?

investment?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the value of G`s in the future, for example, what would a brazilian frogman be worth in thirty years time, or an antman?
    I certainly couldn`t see prices coming down as certain models are getting harder to find.
    Also i notice the date on some of my G`s runs out in 2040, do you think they will still be going strong by then?

Inactive

Re: investment?

Quote Originally Posted by bridger2
    Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the value of G`s in the future, for example, what would a brazilian frogman be worth in thirty years time, or an antman?
    I certainly couldn`t see prices coming down as certain models are getting harder to find.
    Also i notice the date on some of my G`s runs out in 2040, do you think they will still be going strong by then?
    That same question has crossed my mind on more than one occasion. I certainly hope they still carry some value, and I believe they will. However, I think the longevity of the watches (your last question) will be the key. It would certainly be a testament to the ruggedness of these watches if in 2040, I am still running around with my Raysman strapped to my arm, though by then we will be setting the date manually perhaps? Good questions that deserve better answers that what I have posed. Of course, "only time will tell!"

It's a good question. I'd never heard of 'resin rot' until I read about it here, and I'd never heard of polymers 'drying out' until Sjors explained it a while ago. This seems to be more than a theoretical problem - there have been a couple of posts lately about 'crumbling' Gs. Even if you buy a stock of spares, they will be ageing at the same rate, I imagine.

Hardly a long-term investment, then - and it may even raise a question-mark against their collectability. But then I guess postage stamps and vinyl records are quietly decaying too. Gs are for 'now', I think, even if 'now' can be several decades.
    Last edited by tribe125; September 19th, 2006 at 11:28.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In 30 yrs god willing I will be 81 I am not really concerned if the watches a lat that long I am more concerned I will :O):-D

Quote Originally Posted by bridger2
    G's don't last 30 years, they crumble and disintegrate

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    G's don't last 30 years, they crumble and disintegrate
    I have a 320 Casio ana digi made in Japan bought about 1982 and the strap a resin one is still fine so I disagree ! IF you wash the watch and strap off after you wear it every night with plain cold water and dry it off it has a GOOD chance IMHO of lasting that long OR longer ! And store it in a dry proper place like a good watch box ... Again just my 2 cents from experiance..... :gold

for investment, i heard these guys are good

http://www.jpmorgan.com/

https://www.fidelity.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pipes
    In 30 yrs god willing I will be 81 I am not really concerned if the watches a lat that long I am more concerned I will :O):-D
    This is so true.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Thread Information