The iPad, a little bartering, and a GF-1000BP
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The iPad, a little bartering, and a GF-1000BP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture The iPad, a little bartering, and a GF-1000BP

Finally broke down the door with one of the local shops, prices here in Malaysia are constantly on the high to laughable side for G-Shock`s especially limited or high end models...

Today my good lady tell`s me that her phone had some serious issue`s, which translates to it having a few scratches and is no longer cool which is fair enough. So off to the shop`s, one Sony later and we are back on the right path, it`s a nice phone and peace is restored I had just about given up with the local watch shops as the pricing is so over inflated, it`s a joke. One shop had a newly arrived batch of "G`s" including the GF-8250-9, GF-1000-1 & GF-1000BP-1. Previously we were talking $900 for a GF-1000-1 , you know how it is, you still have to have a look

First price offered for the big 1K Frogman was well and truly the wrong side of "too much" pulled out the iPad to prove the point and the owner said he would match any price, very much to my surprise. A few more "to and fro`s" and we settled at sub $500 for the GF-1000BP, splitting the difference between cheapest available and lowest price, however out of stock, which is fair. I think they finally realised that I am not a tourist and will be a good return customer...

GF-1000BP
    The non "Atomic" 1000 Frogman is to all intents and purposes virtually identical to it`s "Atomic" brothers; the only physical differences are; "Multi Band 6" is replaced on the watch face with "World Time" and the eye has a persistant solid dot, while the GWF`s dot indicates successful "Atomic" sync with the italic "G". The case back module number differs 3185 versus the "Atomic`s" 3184 and most importantly the build quality is the same. The screw back also depicts a more traditional image of the "Frog"...

The GF-1000BP is somewhat dark and brooding, more sombre if you will compared to the brighter GWF-1000G with it`s exuberant Black & Gold colour scheme, and the GWF-1000BS with it`s strong Black & Red two tone theme, this "Frog" with it`s Red eye and fine details really draws your eye, possibly Casio`s finest todate. The GF-1000BP equally has it`s own magic as you will see

The GF-1000BP is one of the "Men in Dark Purple" pack, the only positive display model of the line up. Compared to the regular positive display GWF`s, the purple digit`s and symbols of the BP`s display do loose a few points on contrast in comparison to the regular positive display GF/GWF`s. We are talking a few increments here, and one should not be put off by this as the display still exceeds the majority of digitals on the market. When light directly hit`s the display the watch truly comes to life in away other GF/GWF`s are not able to compare to

The shopping experience for this 1K Frogman was very different, you get immediate gratification, however the watch is already unwrapped from it`s protective wrapping`s and as with many shops the outer box is "pot luck" versus Chino Watch`s pristine delivery, complete provenance with; tags, wrapping`s, correct inner & outer boxes, and the wait for arrival, for some the invertible customs charges. I kind of prefer the latter as I have no customs liability here, the wait tends to build the excitement and of course you are the first, since the watch left Casio in Japan...

If the "Atomic" reception is of no consequence to you, then the GF is the clear way ahead, realistically you will save the cost of a couple of basic "G`s" or one Pro "G" retaining the Frogman 1K`s tremendous build quality, all at a sub $500 price which is a lot more palatable than the "mighty" GWF`s $740 or more price point (basic model $670)

On a side note, it`s not always about cost. I really do like to peruse the local watch shops and without customer`s and only window shopper`s they will soon disappear. I dont mind paying a margin more as these shops have in general greater overheads than the Internet variety. Just think of a world devoid of watch shops and that ever tantalising chance of finding a long forgotten "G" from the past still new, unworn and just waiting

Picture, they are coming and I will "bump up" once the thread is updated, until then Watch Tanaka`s GWF-1000BP-1JF will have to hold the fort

Yeah it`s that cool and then some

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; July 9th, 2011 at 19:26.

Re: The iPad, a little bartering, and a GF-1000BP

I was having trouble deciding between the GF-1000bp and the regular GF-1000. In the end, I went with the GF-1000 because it fits my personal style a little better, but I still find myself drooling over the bp. Congrats on the new G and good job getting the price you wanted.

Gorgeous frog. It is almost too nice to wear!
    But do beat on it as that is what it was made for.
    Easier said than done : )

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Your writing style is like watch P O R N! haha!
    Congrats!
    KVM888 likes this.

Congrats Q6! Once again you got a watch before me, which says a lot about our positions in life as well after reading your article I think the USD 580 price (inclusive of S&H) asked by a local retailer doesn't seem really bad anymore...
    KVM888 likes this.

Dang Q! That is awesome! I swore to myself that after I got a frog, no need to get another....guess what - it is calling to it's brothers! Wear it in good health my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

Congrats Q6. It is an amazing watch. I love how purple is blended to the design.

Whaaaaattt?!? Another new frog??? I'm saving up for the basic atomic and you've got how many, already???!

Nice buy, Queen6.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

Thanks Queen6 for all your post. Your post have been really helpful in helping me to decide which watches to get. Haven't had a Casio almost 20 years and I recently purchased 3 of them, including this 1 which I hope to get soon.
    I'm really curious to see how you like it compared to all you others. I had a hard time deciding between this 1 and the regular model.
    Last edited by eaglepowers; July 10th, 2011 at 21:56.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepowers View Post
    Thanks Queen6 for all your post. Your post have been really helpful in helping me to decide which watches to get. Haven't had a Casio almost 20 years and I recently purchased 3 of them, including this 1 which I hope to get soon.
    I'm really curious to see how you like it compared to all you others. I had a hard time deciding between this 1 and the regular model.
    yeah, just go for it, you wont be disappointed,hehehehe, this frog is very unique

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information