It's all your fault !! ................

Thread: It's all your fault !! ................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's all your fault !! ................

You see, I don't "do" quartz watches, I'm strictly a mechanical sort of chap, Speedmasters and all that sort of stuff ! Well, when I say I don't do quartz, what I mean is if I do, it's sort of classic quartz, like this one .....

Well, even that's not strictly true I suppose as some time ago I bought this other thing below which of course I hide away, well away from my "proper" watches! I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to know I secretly lusted after this with all it's gadgets some time ago and often sit and play with it's Barometer and Compass when no-one is looking...... Magic! I can even do that at night as well coz it's got a light and everything ! Whooopeee! Ahemm , .... sorry about that.

Anyway, I was buying a copy of War and Peace or some such classic on Amazon when my finger slipped and I inadvertently bought this G Shock ! Yes, I know, how did that happen? You'd think their software wouldn't let a mistake like that happen would you! Anyway, obviously I couldn't cancel the order and anyway the price was terrific! So today this one turned up in the post ......

I've been having a great time playing, I mean setting it up and of course having ordered it, in the meantime, I had to have a look at this forum for a week or so while I was waiting for it to be delivered and you guys have got all these terrific G Shocks that I never new even existed, so my finger's just about to slip again and I'm "accidentally" going to order a Gulfman right now on that auction site ......

You see what I mean about it being you lots fault, if I hadn't of come in here and seen all yours I wouldn't now have this blooming great long list of G Shocks to buy and now, how the heck am I going to explain my conversion to all my mates, who I have hassled over the years for wearing quartz watches instead of my superior mechanical watches! ..........

Now, if I sell one of my Speedies ........... ...... Oh and by the way, my name's Mike and you may be seeing me in here a bit from now on .......
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Re: It's all your fault !! ................

Welcome, Mike. Cool M-Spec you got there.

Welcome Mike,

My fingers slip from time to time also; enjoy your G-shock.

Brad
    Brad
    Have a great day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mike/

I am similarly afflicted.

I have a large number of pedigreed automatics rusting away in dark obscurity, wondering what happened.

If you wear boxing gloves, your fingers will slip less often...but only marginally.

Best wishes.
    /Forrest

Welcome, Mike - nice introduction.

My credit card slipped once, and a Seamaster clamped itself to my wrist.

Got it off eventually...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Ha ha, welcome Mike, great intro and I think that Omega is the BOMB!!! Hope you meet with a lot of "accidents" and remember to post the carnage as soon as you can, you take great pictures

If by chance you happen to come to this forum looking for information, either because you may be interested in purchasing a G Shock and want to find out more about it, or to assist with the decision as to which one to consider, then you're in serious trouble.
    As has been said before, it is much less difficult to eat a single potato chip out of the bag than to own a single G. If you don't leave this forum without a list of at least a half dozen watches that you simply must own, you simply haven't been paying enough attention. And, to add insult to injury, many members here are as accomplished photographers as they are knowledgeable collectors.
    I'm convinced that this forum should have a warning posted somewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    What is it? Reminds me of my old Gaussman that got stolen!

BTW, the Omega is trully beautiful as well! Sorry for being totally ignorant about watches, but how is a case like that made? Is it machines from a solid block of metal?

So how far have you gotten into War and Peace?

I was seeking to purchase Ivanhoe last year, opened the box and there was a Pathfinder watch in there. Hmmm

Then I ordered the epic award winning movie Ben Hurr from a seller on Ebay, and wouldn't you know, when I opened the box, out came another Pathfinder....a PAW1300g....very curious indeed

So when I struggled with an Ebay sale one week for a Websters Dictionary for pleasure reading at Starbucks and I looked at a smaller sized box on my doorstep a couple days later that opened up to reveal a Dawn Black Frogman, I thought, "what happened here?"

Some wacky going ons on the internet these days, eh?
    Last edited by DougFNJ; March 26th, 2008 at 04:00.

:thanks all! It's nice to have joined you and I'm looking forward to learning a lot more here about my new obsession. The G Shock model is, apparently though I'm new to all this, a Aw-591Ms-3Aer, for those who don't know it. I bought it to start slowly weaning myself from Analogue to pure Digital.

The Omega Megaquartz is a bit of a rarity in as much as it's from 1976 and is the fist Quartz movement that Omega ever produced in house. This example, as you can see is unused and I managed to buy it with all the original paperwork.

Interestingly that included the invoice which was for £195 ! For those of you who remember the value of the pound back in 1976 that equates to over £1011 now! Looks like Quartz technology from Omega was pretty pricey then too !

Someone asked how it was constructed and I'm assuming the case was from a solid block, it's a hefty lump of metal!

Right, must now get back to working out which model I'm going to be lusting after next, so many watches, so little money
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information