It's Not A G-Shock, But It's A Casio
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sedi

Thread: It's Not A G-Shock, But It's A Casio

It's Not A G-Shock, But It's A Casio

I want to buy a more classy Casio watch, and I want a solar atomic watch.
    To me the following watches look identical, can you help me choosing the better one?
    Thank you.
    WVA M640TD 1 AER and LCW M100DSE 1AER

Re: It's Not A G-Shock, But It's A Casio

Quote Originally Posted by Dareius View Post
    To me the following watches look identical, can you help me choosing the better one?

WVA M640TD 1 AER and LCW M100DSE 1AER
    There probably isn't a "best" here -- the features are almost identical. The difference is that the LCW M100 DSE has a sapphire crystal: Radio Controlled Gentleman - Watch - Products - CASIO

The WVA M640TD has a "titanium resin case" and bracelet: Radio Controlled Gentleman - Watch - Products - CASIO

Do you want the light weight of titanium, or the glare resistance of a sapphire crystal?

Late edit: corrected case material above to reflect Sedi's post below since there's a big difference between a "titanium case" (which I'd originally mis-quoted) and a "titanium resin case" -- based on that alone, I think I'd lean towards the LCW-M100 as well.
    Last edited by Mike K; March 20th, 2014 at 05:34.

LCW-M100 has a steel case with standard lugs. The WVA-M640 has "titanium/resin"-case with the inner case being resin and a titanium bezel. I'd definitely prefer the LCW-M100. The JDM-version of the LCW-M100 has no sapphire crystal strangely enough - but the international version does.

cheers, Sedi
    riffraff likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the LCW-M100 with the blue pips round the dial. (LCW-M100TD-7AJF, I think).

Name:  $_57.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  197.2 KB

EDIT: Ooops! Sorry 'bout the size!
    Life is short. Drink good beer.

"Never try to outstubborn a cat.” -- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

LCW-M100 would be my choice as well.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff View Post

I like the LCW-M100 with the blue pips round the dial. (LCW-M100TD-7AJF, I think).
    I have that exact same watch (LCW-M100TD-7AJF).

Three issues:
    1) as someone said, crystal is mineral, not sapphire (Why the heck does EUR get sapphire while JDM and USA don't?)
    2) dial is slightly undersized compared to today's generally larger standard, so it looks just a tad femmy on wrists 7" and up
    3) bracelet scratches when you give it a hard look - softest Ti I've ever seen!

P.S. The picture of the watch is seriously misleading. In order to keep reflections to a minimum, the photographer apparently used a dark screen from which the pic was shot. While reflections are gone, so is any sense of the beauty of the watch. Specifically, the hour markers are actually brilliant white lume (shows flat white in pic) surrounded by gorgeous mirror finished metal (shows dark grey/black in pic). Also, the hour and minute hands are similarly finished (bright white lume surrounded by mirrored metal). The second hand is similar but transitions halfway from center to tip into a delicate dark blue/black ultra thin pointer. For those who have never seen the watch in person, this pic doesn't do the unit justice AT ALL (but NO reflections - hurray!).
    Last edited by tyrenfroe; March 22nd, 2014 at 05:50. Reason: Add comments on picture

Thread Information