From Japan help

Thread: From Japan help

From Japan help

Hi guys I need some infor. I want to know what I am likely to pay extra on top of a perchase If I use from Japan to buy a watch. I am from the UK and dont really get the charges can you explain. Say for example if I pay £200 what am I likely to pay ontop all in with all charges etc, if you cant be exact a rough estimate would be great
    thankyou very much in advance

Re: From Japan help

Welcome to the forum

THIS site was posted earlier which may help you.

My last two ebay buys from Japan haven't attracted any fees The seller marked the rear of the packet as "Plastic watch value $15" which must have helped.
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

Let's say you buy a 30000 yen worth watch.
    They add 1000yen shipping fee (from the seller to from japan headquarter) + 500 bank fee which comes out to 31500 yen.
    They would normally add 3000yen commission fee (varies on the price of the watch) but I think they are doing no commission fee promotion. At least that's what I got a week ago. Then they add transaction fee which is 5%. So, it comes out to 33075 yen. That's before paying shipping to USA or UK in your case. So, in the end, it will come out to be around 35000 yen. And regarding import tax on the items sent, they have an option of sending the item as a gift which eliminates import tax (I think).
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rosenkruez; November 4th, 2009 at 23:41.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by undeniable View Post
    Hi guys I need some infor. I want to know what I am likely to pay extra on top of a perchase If I use from Japan to buy a watch. I am from the UK and dont really get the charges can you explain. Say for example if I pay £200 what am I likely to pay ontop all in with all charges etc, if you cant be exact a rough estimate would be great
    thankyou very much in advance
    £200 is about 30150 JPY so lets see...

30150+1500X1.05= 33232.50 JPY

International EMS shipping to Europe is usually 1800JPY for a single watch which is 1890JPY inclusive of credit card fee. Sometimes this fee will be higher tough if the package is extra heavy or if the original Yahoo seller charged more then 1500JPY for domestic transfer and bank transfer fee. This extra fee will then show up as "charge 1 balance" amount in the charge 2 payment form.

But most of the time it is for me 1890 JPY for shipping to Sweden, I presume shipping will be similar to the UK.

So in this example we will get a total of 33232.5+1890= 35122.50JPY

35122.50JPY= £234

So the total extra cost will in this case be £34.

But ofcourse on top of this if you get hit by custom and VAT fees in UK customs extra charges will ofcourse be added.

This is the way it works: You place the bid on FromJapans site. You need to load up your depostite first tough using your credit card. The amount needed in your deposit must in this case be big enough to cover the charge 1 amount which is 33232.50 JPY

Once you have placed the bid tough and won the auction and then it is time to pay for the auction (charge 1) then it is not neccessary to use the deposit instead you can use PayPal if you wish. But if you use PayPal they will charge 2.5% extra for the currency conversion. I usually use the deposit to pay for charge 1.

Once charge 1 is payed then it is time to give shipping instructions, you can choose that FromJapan ship the item directly once it reaches their office or you can select to let them hold the item, incase you intend to bid on more auctions and want FromJapan to re-pack them for combined shipping. They will hold items for you up to 14 days.

If you choose to let them ship directly then once it arrives to their office then they will send you the charge 2 payment form. It is not neccessary to have any deposit left for the charge 2, instead you can use PayPal or pull directly from the credit card. But I usually use deposit to pay for it but sometimes have used PayPal.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thread Information