In Japan, what is the relationship between Citizen, Seiko, Orient, and G-Shocks?

Thread: In Japan, what is the relationship between Citizen, Seiko, Orient, and G-Shocks?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question In Japan, what is the relationship between Citizen, Seiko, Orient, and G-Shocks?

And whatever the other watches that are popular around the world that is in Japan too.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: In Japan, what is the relationship between Citizen, Seiko, Orient, and G-Shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    And whatever the other watches that are popular around the world that is in Japan too.
    Competitors....that's their relationship, man.
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Re: In Japan, what is the relationship between Citizen, Seiko, Orient, and G-Shocks?

Well Seiko in japan is the equivalent of ROLEX here in the UK, i now that much...with the Grand Seikos and all.

G Shocks i think are viewed as a king of high quality sports watch in Japan...along the lines of say a lower budget Tag Heuer. Thats my two cents anyway!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

they are competing brands and in terms of the 'brand' seiko number 1 closely followed by citizen and then casio . but remember that casio's oceanus scores high as does g-shock. the problem is that all 3 watchmakers make watches that cost from tens of dollars to thousands of dollars. did not include orient as it is more of a hobbyist/niche brand with a concentration on mechanicals/ automatics. also, i think they are a siser company of seiko though i am not sure about this.

Citizen is generally regarded as the biggest of the three based on the number of movements they produce.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I noticed a G100 in your collection now... Get mine soon...

With Best Regard... Caseiko

How do the Japanese rate these brands against the established Swiss houses?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseiko View Post
    I noticed a G100 in your collection now... Get mine soon...
    Must be something in the air. Got a G-100 yesterday. It's been at the back of my mind for ages and came across it again the other day online. Pondered for about a nanosecond but couldn't resist...

Easily one of the best looking Gs and a classic among classics...

Apologies to the OP for hijacking an interesting thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
    Must be something in the air. Got a G-100 yesterday. It's been at the back of my mind for ages and came across it again the other day online. Pondered for about a nanosecond but couldn't resist...

Easily one of the best looking Gs and a classic among classics...

Apologies to the OP for hijacking an interesting thread...
    +1 and apologies to the OP for hijacking an interesting thread...

Rate?? from my understanding of Japanese people.. they buy their own Japanese products. Japanese buy Japan Made. Comparing this Japan watch brands to established Swiss made... is just how long since they started producing and selling. Yes, Swiss did first, but Japan watches looking for volume. How about quality? vs production/volume? Go to Seiko,Citizen,Orient Fora and ask around.

Occured to me before, why Citizen and Orient shook their safeground and explore market in US continent and Europe but Seiko didn't....yet? Seiko did diversified their products into categories. Grand,King,Seiko5 and others I can't recall. Take Grand Seiko for eg., Quality? at its peak which at par with Rolexes and other expensive Swiss brand.. Price? should I say 2-3 times cheaper than expensive Swiss brands? The magic word is affordable.

Regardless to GrandSeiko, what do you think of Seiko5? Affordable for people like me and the quality is tiptop. Then Citizen and Orient tailgating Seiko and do what Seiko did. And they did it good.

For Casio Gshock? World youth population ratio is the highest. That's why Casio Gshock first introduced in digital. But the design was very tempted even the older guys bought it. Casio started to attack older guys with anadigi Gshock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information