Japanese Release > US Arrival

Thread: Japanese Release > US Arrival

Question Japanese Release > US Arrival

I sometimes see forum members recommend for individuals to wait till a particular G-Shock model is available in the States before buying it. With that said, what is the time frame from the Japanese release of a new G-Shock model and its arrival, if it ever does, in the US? How much of a discount off MSRP is considered average for a watch available in the US?

I'm quite interested in the GW-7900CD-9JF shown below. Recent information has indicated that it will be released in Japan in November and my anticipation is mounting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Japanese Release > US Arrival

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    With that said, what is the time frame from the Japanese release of a new G-Shock model and its arrival, if it ever does, in the US?
    good question, not sure. i'd guess a couple months but i don't know if you can really take any prediction to the bank.

How much of a discount off MSRP is considered average for a watch available in the US?
    somewhat easier to answer. at an exchange rate of 91 to 1, list prices ja vs us:

gw9200-1 $312 vs $220 = 30% off
    gwm56000-1 $230 vs $130 = 43% off
    gw9010-1 $288 vs $160 = 44% off

I'm quite interested in the GW-7900CD-9JF shown below. Recent information has indicated that it will be released in Japan in November and my anticipation is mounting.
    i wouldn't think the vintage series is a likely candidate to be released in the us. too niche i'd guess.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

I spoke to Jess at casio sales and service today about the GW7900 he said they are not out in the states and did not know if they are coming. He gets his stock from casio usa so he is not able to get some of the good stuff For JDM you may have to use Seiya, Higuchi or Chino

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    I spoke to Jess at casio sales and service today about the GW7900 he said they are not out in the states and did not know if they are coming. He gets his stock from casio usa so he is not able to get some of the good stuff For JDM you may have to use Seiya, Higuchi or Chino
    I'm so glad we have access to vendors like Seiya, Higuchi, and Chino. They really make access to JDM soooo much easier for collectors.

Question on Higuchi, though. I've never seen Casio inventory listed anywhere on their site. Do they only sell Casio models on request or as a special order? I've been meaning to make an inquiry with them. Does anyone here know?

Quote Originally Posted by checknwatch View Post
    I'm so glad we have access to vendors like Seiya, Higuchi, and Chino. They really make access to JDM soooo much easier for collectors.

Question on Higuchi, though. I've never seen Casio inventory listed anywhere on their site. Do they only sell Casio models on request or as a special order? I've been meaning to make an inquiry with them. Does anyone here know?

I dont know. I got my Tuna from him and saved about $ 50 over Seiya all 3 get great reviews though

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Question Re: Japanese Release > US Arrival

Quote Originally Posted by jersterca View Post
    i spoke to jess at casio sales and service today about the gw7900 he said they are not out in the states and did not know if they are coming. He gets his stock from casio usa so he is not able to get some of the good stuff for jdm you may have to use seiya, higuchi or chino
    jdm = ???
    Last edited by [email protected]; November 5th, 2009 at 02:13. Reason: Spelling

Japanese Domestic Market.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

If memory serves me right, there has been up to a nine month difference between a Japanese release and an international one. There may have been longer.

Higuchi used to have a list of G-Shocks they sold. If you want something you could try emailing him. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from him for a week as he gets lots of emails and he has a busy shop to run as well.

Seiya is also a great person to deal with. He sells watches in his spare time and is usually very accommodating to requests if he can get his hands on what you want.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Thread Information