Jaysandkays bullbars for GWG1000 – unboxing & application
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Jaysandkays bullbars for GWG1000 – unboxing & application

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jaysandkays bullbars for GWG1000 – unboxing & application

For someone who thinks that a 56mm case isn’t big enough, these bullbars pad it out even more! Jaysandkays don’t actually list a set for this model G Shock, but under the description for the GG1000 set, they state, “These will also fit GWG1000 but are a very tight fit on that model and some people consider too tight. If you purchase for use on GWG1000, be advised of this.”

For a start, for such an inexpensive item, they are beautifully presented, in a sturdy yet attractive box with information card. Shipping from USA to UK took only 5 days.

Name:  bullbar strip 1.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  326.7 KB

Easy to install, and being symmetrical, you can’t accidentally put them on upside down! Yes, they are tight, very tight (!) but reassuringly so. In my mind, they look great. There is no issue at all wearing them on your wrist as they don’t feel any different to the naked watch at all. No doubt due to the way the underside fits into the case. I thought the bottom bar may obscure the digital display depending on the angle you display the face, but this also has not been an issue.

I know many will simply hate them, but, I am not a fan of ‘factory standard’ on things I have, and indeed on this one watch, I have changed the strap, changed all the hardware (buckle/keeper) to black, and now these bullbars. To me, it now feels like ‘mine’.
    It may or may not protect the case, but that’s not why I have them fitted, it’s the equivalent for me of some go faster stripes.
    Now folks, feel free to wade in with your opinion...

Name:  bullbar strip 2.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  372.1 KB
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: Jaysandkays bullbars for GWG1000 – unboxing & application

Actually, I dig it. And you cant go wrong with the JaysAndKays. I have a number of Zulu straps(as you know) and they are great. Only reason I never ordered BullBars is because I wear my watches on the inside of the wrist.
    StephenWatch likes this.

I like them. I had not really considered putting them on a Mudmaster before, but your photos are causing me to re-think that...

Were you able to get them on by hand? (without tools) And if you wanted to remove them, would you be able to do that without tools?

Looking good!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Agreed! I like 'em too!!

I had not seen them on an MM before at all. I would also like to know about getting them on by hand and can you still operate the crown without taking the bars off?

Not too bad!! I'm a fan of bullbars, and have bought them as extras for a couple of my 5600's.

May I just say though, that there seems to be quite a gap between bars and bezel top left?

Also, and this is me being a bit OCD, the bars don't seem to fit quite right? Looking at the lower section of the bezel, the bars are on top of one raised part of the bezel to the left but to the side of it on the right?

Are the two watches you've mentioned any different with size or design of bezel?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Were you able to get them on by hand? (without tools) And if you wanted to remove them, would you be able to do that without tools?

Looking good!
    I got them on by hand, but only just LOL A little finger pain was involved, but I've had worse inconvenience trying to get bezels off in some other watches... To be honest, I don't think I'd be able to remove them without the aid of some sort of tool, however, my hands are weaker than they use to be due to some health issues. So, if you're a strapping healthy teenager, who knows LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Worker View Post
    Agreed! I like 'em too!!

I had not seen them on an MM before at all. I would also like to know about getting them on by hand and can you still operate the crown without taking the bars off?
    Yes, you can still operate the crown quite easily...

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post

May I just say though, that there seems to be quite a gap between bars and bezel top left?

Also, and this is me being a bit OCD, the bars don't seem to fit quite right? Looking at the lower section of the bezel, the bars are on top of one raised part of the bezel to the left but to the side of it on the right?

Are the two watches you've mentioned any different with size or design of bezel?
    I noticed that gap too after I took the original photo, but I did a bit of fettling afterwards of the positioning, and think I've now got it more 'equal'. Will take a few more updated photos and post them shortly. I don't own a GG1000 so unfortunately am unable to do a side by side comparison...
    Worker and Time4Playnow like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

As promised, some more photos, hope these help those that are interested...

Name:  jaysandkays bullbars GWG1000 strip 1.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  206.3 KB

Name:  jaysandkays bullbars GWG1000 strip 2.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  171.0 KB

Name:  jaysandkays bullbars GWG1000 strip 3.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  233.6 KB

Name:  jaysandkays bullbars GWG1000 strip 4.jpg
Views: 1570
Size:  177.1 KB

Name:  jaysandkays bullbars GWG1000 strip 5.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  215.9 KB

Thanks for the info!!

I really think it looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Worker View Post
    Thanks for the info!!

I really think it looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I really hope that Jaysandkays pick up a few sales from it. (for this watch or otherwise) It's always good to support guys that enhance our G Shock obsession, and their range of products is something I could only dream of years ago!
    Worker and Time4Playnow like this.

Thank you for the great photos!!

I recently got some JaysandKays bull bars for my GW-9300 Mudman. I couldn't find them for that model on Ebay, so I emailed them and they responded quickly, and said that the GW-9400 bars fit the 9300, so that's what I got.

Your bull bars on the MM look very thick and very strong! I'm still thinking about it for mine.
    StephenWatch likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information