Jomashop.com - poor customer serice!

Thread: Jomashop.com - poor customer serice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs Down Jomashop.com - poor customer serice!

I'd like to let you all know about my experience with Jomashop.com

I placed an order on 1/3/11 for a G-Shock. I was informed today 1/10/11 that my order was cancelled because it is out of stock.

In my opinion, that could have been worked out long before. I feel that I should have been contacted right away.

BUYER BEWARE!

Re: Jomashop.com - poor customer serice!

Looks like the same thing I run into from time to time, especially from China.....They keep the eBay ad going continuously and try to "stock" them or, order them as they sell them. Sometimes, as explained to me by one of those sellers, they can't get delivery in a reasonable time from THEIR supplier. Sometimes they drop the ball telling you right away or, try to stall till they get them or, find out when? Why this is O.K. with eBay, I don't know......

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    Looks like the same thing I run into from time to time, especially from China.....They keep the eBay ad going continuously and try to "stock" them or, order them as they sell them. Sometimes, as explained to me by one of those sellers, they can't get delivery in a reasonable time from THEIR supplier. Sometimes they drop the ball telling you right away or, try to stall till they get them or, find out when? Why this is O.K. with eBay, I don't know......

Josh
    Yeah they're not the only one that does it. I guess they save the cost of having to purchase items in advance and having to store them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    Josh
    I would somewhat expect that kind of service from China. However, I do not expect that from a BBB accredited online retailer from New York.

It's a not uncommon practice with internet suppliers in all countries. I've experienced it with G-Shock sellers in Singapore, Hong Kong and America - with the greatest number in America.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

If I'm not sure I write them an email - when looking for a PAW/PRW-1200-3V there were many online and marked as "in stock" when in fact they weren't. Some sites even didn't put the add down after they informed me that the watch isn't in stock - like dealsniper.com for instance. I think it's a bad joke. I try to use the same sellers from which I had good service in the past but even that doesn't work out all the time. But I really get furious when stuff is on ebay for instant buy (and instant pay of course) and then they inform you it's not in stock. How hard can it be to programm a self-updating stock list that automatically subtracts one piece instantly when someone puts it in his "basket"?

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Wink Re: Jomashop.com - poor customer serice!

Welcome to E-commerce!!

Like someone said.....its common pratice for on-line shops to take your money and place the iteam on "backorder".

The truth is that it's rare for many Internet retailers to actually warehouse stock. You placed an order on the Monday right after the first of the year. Many vendors had depleted their stock of anything popular during the holidays. This is traditionally the time of year when stock gets depleted. On Monday, people are just getting back to work to account for inventory and prepare for new orders.
    A week later they get back to you, which is not bad. At least they got back to you. More unprofessional places wouldn't have, and I've had large online retailers flake on me.
    I think you need to cut them some slack given the circumstances.

Last edited by mrsnak; January 11th, 2011 at 01:51.
    "My grail showed up today"

Quote Originally Posted by ob1j3d1 View Post
    I'd like to let you all know about my experience with Jomashop.com

I placed an order on 1/3/11 for a G-Shock. I was informed today 1/10/11 that my order was cancelled because it is out of stock.

In my opinion, that could have been worked out long before. I feel that I should have been contacted right away.

BUYER BEWARE!
    they do this crap all the time. it happened to me twice before i shunned them forever. they do not stock anything! they probably just have dealers that sell to the grey market like themselves and request the watch only when it is ordered. that is why it took several days for them to respond with a refund. they were attempting to acquire the watch.

from all the internet watch dealers i have dealt with, if the watch was out of stock, than it was stated as such.

jomashop's shopping cart should be listed as more a "wish list" than a actual cart.
    Last edited by usc1; January 11th, 2011 at 02:35.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    The truth is that it's rare for many Internet retailers to actually warehouse stock. You placed an order on the Monday right after the first of the year. Many vendors had depleted their stock of anything popular during the holidays. This is traditionally the time of year when stock gets depleted. On Monday, people are just getting back to work to account for inventory and prepare for new orders.
    A week later they get back to you, which is not bad. At least they got back to you. More unprofessional places wouldn't have, and I've had large online retailers flake on me.
    I think you need to cut them some slack given the circumstances.

I can understand the situation. But, business is business whether it's monday after a holiday or not. You have the right to your opinion. But, I think I deserve the same service on any day that vendor is open whether that day is Christmas or just an average Wednesday. If you are open, then you should serve customers - otherwise close.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information