just another dw-5600.

Thread: just another dw-5600.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just another dw-5600.

as the wait for the ordered gw5600 is still on (three weeks and going) and thanks to the fact that there's so much to read here everyday, i had to get a watch to steady my heart until the other one arrives.
    so i took a stroll to a nearby dealer and got my first 'classic', a DW-5600E.

it seems like it's a well respected model, i've read a lot of good things about it, and has the added interest of being nasa approved equipment.
    it also one of the few models for sale in europe that i was really interested.

i like the fact that i can have time of day available everywhere and i only wish i had some sort of dual/world time. solar would be nice. i guess the next in line is a G-5600-1JF.

Re: just another dw-5600.

Quote Originally Posted by maique View Post
    i like the fact that i can have time of day available everywhere and i only wish i had some sort of dual/world time. solar would be nice. i guess the next in line is a G-5600-1JF.
    That would be a logical step - but you would lose time visible in stopwatch mode.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

as the wait for the ordered gw5600 is still on (three weeks and going)

I am in the same position - is there a GW5600 drought on? Is yours coming from the USA?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by englishperson View Post
    I am in the same position - is there a GW5600 drought on? Is yours coming from the USA?
    mine is coming from the USA, but i'm guessing it's sitting at the customs office for a long time now...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    That would be a logical step - but you would lose time visible in stopwatch mode.

yes, i know...
    i guess i'll have to compromise somewhere, my 'perfect' g-shock is yet to be produced, and i guess everyone of us is always waiting for the correct mix of features...

mine is coming from the USA, but i'm guessing it's sitting at the customs office for a long time now...
    I bought a DW5600 from the US about a month ago - it reached the UK in about 3 days with nothing to pay for tax/duty, so I was hoping the same would happen again...perhaps it was too cheap ($30) to interest customs

Quote Originally Posted by englishperson View Post
    I bought a DW5600 from the US about a month ago - it reached the UK in about 3 days with nothing to pay for tax/duty, so I was hoping the same would happen again...perhaps it was too cheap ($30) to interest customs
    i have no idea how things work at customs office in my own country...
    some people say there's a minimum limit, and everything above that value is checked.
    some others say the limit is not really important anymore, because a lot of packages came with a much lower than real value, some came as gifts, and they're just opening everything....

I've never had a customs charge yet, but my DW2500 is taking longer than expected so maybe I'm in for my first customs experience. I've ordered my Gulfman from the same place in America too. Maybe I should have stuck with the Singapore and HK sellers who adjust the prices/mark as gifts. It's not guaranteed to work but it seems to have done so far.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Maybe I should have stuck with the Singapore and HK sellers who adjust the prices/mark as gifts. It's not guaranteed to work but it seems to have done so far.
    i'm also thinking the same. i guess i'm done with american dealers...

Wink Re: just another dw-5600.

I had a nice €42.50 customs bill for my Rising Whites, but that box was so big....

It might be just another DW-5600, but your picture looks very funny and original

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information