Just got my new MUDMAN!!! But..

Thread: Just got my new MUDMAN!!! But..

Just got my new MUDMAN!!! But..

Hi Guys: I just got my new mudman it is really cool! I have one question though. Mine is Module 3050A for a GW-9000A1 and am trying to turn on the EL backlight but the instructions are a little vague. All they say is that the EL switch must be turned on for it to operate. They don't say how to do that. Can any of you folks shed some light? No pun intended :)!! Thanks
    Cary

Re: Just got my new MUDMAN!!! But..

The EL button is the one below the 'shock resist' writing at 6 o'clock.
    The buttons are quite firm on a new mudman maybe you need to press harder?

that's correct

i would just turn on auto EL and enjoy hands-free EL-ing

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you are asking how to turn the Auto-EL on, it's a few paragraphs past the EL instruction you reference "The auto light switch must be turned on for it to operate". Hold the "L" button down for approx 3 seconds. You have to hold it firmly for the time period though. As was previously mentioned, the buttons are quite stiff and until you get used to them it sometimes takes concentration to maintain the pressure necessary to turn the Auto-EL on.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_351 View Post
    If you are asking how to turn the Auto-EL on, it's a few paragraphs past the EL instruction you reference "The auto light switch must be turned on for it to operate". Hold the "L" button down for approx 3 seconds. You have to hold it firmly for the time period though. As was previously mentioned, the buttons are quite stiff and until you get used to them it sometimes takes concentration to maintain the pressure necessary to turn the Auto-EL on.
    ditto that although mine seems to take longer than 3 seconds...you will see a little indicator pop on next to the DST indicator under the seconds.
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

Thanks so much for the info WT. That was the answer that I was looking for, I thought that the next page was with respect to recharging the solar cell. Thanks again, this watch is terrific!
    Cary

Thread Information