Just got a New atomic solar GW9200-1 Riseman. I would like to........

Thread: Just got a New atomic solar GW9200-1 Riseman. I would like to........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Just got a New atomic solar GW9200-1 Riseman. I would like to........

Just got a brand new atomic solar GW9200-1 Riseman directly from Amazon.com. My watch came in a little black G-Shock octagonal tin inside the foam.
    I would like to know whether or not this particular model is "supposed" to come inside a little plastic baggie? Also, I noticed a small white string on the bottom of the tin when I took the watch out of its tin. The string looked like it was cut. There was NO tag with the watch or on the string.
    I've also noticed a small light scuff mark that between the 12:00 o'clock and 1:00 o'clock position on the exterior part of the rubber bezel just a millimeter above the word "PROTECTION" on the inside part of the bezel where the bezel slopes downwards. The scuff mark extends to the top part of the bezel. It's visible when the light shines on the watch bezel.

Has anybody else in here bought this same exact model GW9200-1 atomic solar G-Shock "directly" from Amazon.com and received it from them "without" the little plastic baggie and "without" the Casio tag like I did?

Do you think that Amazon sent me a "returned" watch? Is this particular model supposed to come inside a clear plastic baggie "with" the proper Casio tags together with it?
    The reason why I'm asking this is because I purchased a brand new GWM5610-1 atomic solar G-Shock last month and it came in a similar octagonal tin just like , but it also came inside a clear plastic baggie "with" the Casio tags.
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 6th, 2012 at 22:02.

Banned

Re: Just got a New atomic solar GW9200-1 Riseman. I would like to........

Anybody?

Yep. You got a returned watch someone else sent back. Contact amazon immediately and tell them the condition of the item, your concerns, and that you want a replacement. They should also be picking up the cost of returning the item. Have them email you a pre-paid UPS or FedEx or whatever label that you can print out and put on the box.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not answering your question exactly but I also ordered a Riseman through Amazon fulfillment and didn't receive the watch in a bag or with any tags. Nevertheless the watch looked new to me and works just fine so I'm happy with it - although since I ordered my watch a few weeks ago the price for the Solar Atomic Riseman has dropped to $117 which is pretty crazy considering I bought mine for $150 just a few weeks ago.

I got my riseman GW-9200 from amazon two years ago it also had no hang tag but was in the plastic bag from what i can remember.That's back when the tins were the big round goldish color though.I did find it odd that it had no hang tag but the watch was mint so i kept it.

Banned

Your Riseman didn't come inside a baggie or with it's tags either? Does the GW9200-1 atomic solar Riseman that is sold "directly" from Amazon not come inside a baggie or with its proper tags?
    The tin that my watch came inside was a small octagonal black tin. It's a very short tin, not a tall one like the older tins that G-Shocks used to come in.
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 7th, 2012 at 00:48.

Banned

I asked for a replacement from Amazon Fulfillment for the same watch. They already shipped it out and I'm supposed to be getting it tomorrow sometime. We'll see whether or not the replacement watch comes with its Casio tag and with the clear plastic baggie. If it doesn't, then maybe Casio doesn't sell this particular model inside a plastic baggie with a Casio tag on it. What do you think?
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 7th, 2012 at 00:56.

The tins change over time. They used to be a sort of bronze color round tin years back, however more recently they have switch to the smaller hexagon shaped black tins. I have gotten both types of tins in the past year's orders, it just matters when the production for that model started. All the watches I have ordered on-line from both ebay and amazon and from casio directly have come in bags with the tags still attached no matter what tin type they came in. A factory new watch will have tags and be in a clear bag inside the tin. Now, if someone gets a watch that's not in the bag (or even without tags for that matter) it doesn't necessarily ruin the watch if it is still in mint condition. But you said it had a scuff mark on it. That would be my major concern.
    Last edited by Nightshift; December 7th, 2012 at 01:25.

Banned

Yeah, mine came with a light scuff mark on it on the top sloping part of the resin about 1 millimeter above where the word "PROTECTION" is written.
    I believe that when Casio packages the G-Shocks that go inside the tins that they put the watch inside a clear plastic baggie together with the Casio tag on the watch. Mine didn't come with either. I don't know WHY the morons who work at Amazon "accept" watches packaged like this? It's a big hassle having to return the watch for another one. Plus if the replacement watch that I'm supposed to be getting comes the same way just like the 1st one did without any baggie and without tags, and/or with any scuffs or marks on it, I'm going to be really angry and rip$hit.
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 7th, 2012 at 02:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Toc View Post
    I believe that when Casio packages the G-Shocks that go inside the tins that they put the watch inside a clear plastic baggie together with the Casio tag on the watch.
    You are correct.
    Same goes with G-Shocks packaged in carton boxes.
    A brand new G-Shock should be packaged with the tags in a plastic baggie.
    If not, you may have received a returned/refurbished unit.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information