Is it just me or...

Thread: Is it just me or...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it just me or...

Is it just me or is Casio cutting down on function with it's newer solar powered and atomic G-Shocks? I've noticed that several new G-Shocks have come out with just a 60 Minute count down timer. I don't know about the rest of you but a 24 hour count down timer is a must have on a watch. I returned a perfectly good PAW-1100 (I know not a G-Shock) because of that reason. I also own a GW-5600J and the watch annoys me cause of that stupid 60 minute count down timer; what's up with this? Unless you plan to be the next Iron chef I see no reason for a 60 minute count down timer. If there's another post about this topic just delete the thread and point me in the right direction. I blame myself for not being around the forum much and being able to keep up with the latest topics.
    Last edited by G9000; February 13th, 2009 at 01:10.

TTT

Re: Is it just me or...

I think you'll find a lot of people on this forum completely agree with you.

Banned
    London, England and Phang Nga Bay, Ko Tapu (James Bond Island)

The Solar Atomic GW9010-1 Mudman has a 24 hour countdown timer and a 24 hour stopwatch. This particular model is very well equipped with features. If I were you, I would buy this model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    The Solar Atomic GW9010-1 Mudman has a 24 hour countdown timer and a 24 hour stopwatch. This particular model is very well equipped with features. If I were you, I would buy this model.
    Not to be rude or anything (just curious), what do you use the timer for thats longer than 1 hour?

I agree with you.

If you notice on the GW5600J the digits are bigger then alot of digital watches.

I think the reason why there isn't a 24 HR Countdown Timer on the GW5600J is because the digits on the watch are bigger and they can't fit more.

I own the the GW5600J.

I mainly use the 60 Minute Countdown Timer to exercise on the exercise bicycle and to cook food outside at the barbecue.

I very seldom use the timer and if I do its never for more than 1 hour so that is not a consideration for me. You are not going to ever get all the functions anybody would want in every watch. thats why there is a huge variety. Once you get a module number you can look up the functions with the online manuel from casio

http://world.casio.com/wat/download/en/manual/

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Banned
    London, England and Phang Nga Bay, Ko Tapu (James Bond Island)

Quote Originally Posted by ErermisK View Post
    Not to be rude or anything (just curious), what do you use the timer for thats longer than 1 hour?
    I use it to work out at the gym. My workout is usually more than 1 hour. I can also use it while flying an airplane or timing a turkey in the oven. There are many things that you can time that take more than 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    I use it to work out at the gym. My workout is usually more than 1 hour. I can also use it while flying an airplane or timing a turkey in the oven. There are many things that you can time that take more than 1 hour.
    Couldn't you just use the chronometer to time those things?

Banned

Most times I don't need a CDT longer than 1 hour but there are those times when a job that needs to be changed right away at work is longer than 1 hour so it comes in handy when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ErermisK View Post
    Couldn't you just use the chronometer to time those things?
    While it's true that you could always use the chronometer/stopwatch to time certain activities, it doesn't benefit from one thing that the countdown timer has -- an alarm function.

A chronometer just goes on and on and on; there's always a chance that you'll lose track of whatever it is you're timing. A countdown timer on the other hand works backwards from a preset time duration, and signals the end of that duration with an alarm, so it's therefore more ideal for certain applications.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information