Just picked up this 5600 on a whim
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just picked up this 5600 on a whim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RBL

Just picked up this 5600 on a whim

So I was bored on a Saturday night and I decided I would keep my wife company as she went to the store. On the way home I made the executive decision to stop by Academy Sports, to look at the golf and guns and whatever else looked interesting.

On my way out I saw a watch display, and as is customary, I looked for a G shock. Surprisingly, what I saw was this gw-5600J. I had to check online to see which model it was, exactly. I tried to find a price online but couldn't. When I asked to check it out, it had been marked all the way down to 54 dollars, and I decided that it was time to buy another g shock.

Anyway, I was looking for this type of 5600 and I think I got a pretty good price, so I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocat, Reloko, pocky and 1 others like this.

RBL

Re: Just picked up this 5600 on a whim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nigelw likes this.

RBL,

Very nice choice. I love mine. I got it from a fellow member here. I like the weight of it and feel on the wrist. The clean look of the display is nice also.

Enjoy,
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My favorite G-Shock of all time, the GW-5600J.

Interesting that your caseback has been serialized. I wonder when they started doing that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Buzzbait; December 29th, 2013 at 05:04.

Nice catch, especially at that price!

If you don't need or want the 5- or 6-band technology, or a screwback case, it's a great affordable upgrade from the basic DW-5600E, and since parts are still relatively easy to get you don't have to worry about the occasional scratch or ding from wearing it.

The only "bad" things about that model that I can think of are a) it uses a rather unusual asymmetrical strap instead of the ones that fit all the other 5600 versions, and b) because of that, it's not as easy to attach different straps or strap adapters.

I'm quite happy with the stock band, though, and was just wearing mine for the past several days!

I've never seen a 5600 like that, what's the real difference? Just the display?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebigfarmer View Post
    I've never seen a 5600 like that, what's the real difference? Just the display?

It's capable of being synced to two atomic radio locations: one in the U.S. and one in Japan. The newer models have reception access to six multiband locations across the globe.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    It's capable of being synced to two atomic radio locations: one in the U.S. and one in Japan. The newer models have reception access to six multiband locations across the globe.
    Oh thanks for the clarification! I like me 5600e but I like how the digits look on this one better.

There are a few threads around here showing the difference in the various 5600 displays -- the main digits on the 5600J are SLIGHTLY bigger than the rest of the 5600 "family."

On the other hand, a lot of people don't like this model because it is the only 5600 that doesn't display the day of the week AND the date at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    Interesting that your caseback has been serialized. I wonder when they started doing that?
    It's more of a batch number than a serial number. Many users have stated they appear for every modern Tough Solar model.
    G-Shock GW5600J-1 | GW-M5610-1 | GWX5600B-7 | DW-5030C-1 Resist Black | GW9200-1 Riseman | G9000-1 Mudman | G6900KG-3 | GA100-1A1 | GA100A-7A | Tissot PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk BJ7000-52E + Stowa Old Style strap | Seiko SNK809 + Crown & Buckle leather NATO | Seagull 1963 | Tokyoflash Shinshoku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information