Just Picked up a MRG 7500

Thread: Just Picked up a MRG 7500

Just Picked up a MRG 7500

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I was actually looking online for help and stumbled across this site :)

My friend bought me a MR. G 7500, and while I love the watch...I can't figure out how to adjust it. The manual is in Japanese...which unfortunately I am unable to read. I know that the watch auto-adjusts in the US (i'm on the east-coast). Does anyone know how to work this watch, or possibly have a link to the english-version of the manual?

Thanks in advance,
    Mith

Cool Re: Just Picked up a MRG 7500

trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Re: Just Picked up a MRG 7500

Thanks so much!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I want to know where to find friends that will buy a 7500 for me... Congratulations.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Good friends are always hard to come by This watch is actually my first G-Shock and I am absolutely in love with it! It really is hard to describe the looks based on the pictures...but the "gunmetal" color is pretty impressive, and it sure can take a beating (without picking up a scratch). The watch has yet to leave my wrist (much to the dismay of my wife).

One more quick question for you guys. The watch has three DST settings (AT, ON, OFF). When I set the home-location to NYC (I am on the east coast), the hand automatically points to "ON", and I seem unable to move it to "AT". Would this be a problem for synching the watch (which I have been unable to do so far)?

I read the thread about synching problems already, but have still not been able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    ...One more quick question for you guys. The watch has three DST settings (AT, ON, OFF). When I set the home-location to NYC (I am on the east coast), the hand automatically points to "ON", and I seem unable to move it to "AT". Would this be a problem for synching the watch (which I have been unable to do so far)?...
    I have the same module on my 1100 and just tested this process for altering the DST AT/ON/OFF setting for NYC (also my home time).

Hold button A (top left) for 5 seconds. You'll hear a single beep after about 2-3 seconds meaning you are entering manual sync, keep holding till you hear the double beep meaning you're in time setting mode. Once in time setting mode the 2 o'clock sub-dial will point to which DST mode you're in (AT/ON/OFF) at which point you can cycle through them with the B (top right) button. Once at the setting you desire push A once hearing a single beep and return to normal operation.

This works fine on my Giez 1100 which is also the 4777 module like your 7500. Hope this works for you.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Hmm, tell me if I'm doing this right:
    When the watch is running in "normal mode" the A button is used for manual synching.
    I push the C button once, and the second hand of the stop-watch goes to NYC (I'm on the east-coast), and the DST hand goes to ON. In this mode, I'm running into problems. When I push D, it changes the Home City indicated by the Stopwatch second hand. Holding down A only gives one beep...and seems to do nothing. Holding down B gives two beeps, and seems to do nothing. C takes me out of this mode and on to Alarm mode (with regular mode following that).

So confused!!!!

Nevermind...I figured it out. I was "trying" to adjust stuff in World Time Mode. In any case, I've finally set the DST to AT and have the correct home location selected. Thanks again for the help, I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope it eventually synchs tonight.

How about a photo?
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Thread Information