Just snagged a DW5600 on eBay (Module 901)
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Just snagged a DW5600 on eBay (Module 901)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Just snagged a DW5600 on eBay (Module 901)

As the title says, literally just picked one up on eBay.

Now, I've been eyeing this watch for awhile, as I do enjoy squares, and the metal case/screwback really caught my eye. Should be here by Monday, then the real fun begins!

In the meantime, does anyone have a good lead on a strap/bezel? I know everyone says Brazilian bezel, but where do I find those?! I'll be sure to post pictures of the before and maybe the after if I can make it pretty enough

Now, to go digging and find some Kung_Fusion threads, as apparently he's the master at these things.....

EDIT: Suppose I should add it's a Japan H, so nothing to get too excited about, haha.
    Last edited by TRSCP; May 5th, 2015 at 19:21.

Re: Just snagged a DW5600 on eBay (Module 901)

After a little searching, I found a Brazilian strap/bezel set. Yay!
    Roughly 40 days for shipping......Booo!!!! Haha (I actually am completely fine with this shipping time, as it is from Brazil)
    Ordered it now, will give me plenty of time to get the watch, clean it up, new battery, and begin the crystal restoration process (I'm going to hate it, aren't I?)
    As stated, I'll post some pictures when I receive the watch. Wish me luck, everyone!

Watches.br on Facebook is the place to go to order a bezel: it comes with an o-ring seal for the case back (useful) and a strap (including buckle).

I'm not keen on the straps but Casio still sell these, just be sure to order the correct lug width (it's easy to accidentally choose spares for 5600E's). I've bought straps from sellers on eBay but I imagine they're available elsewhere too (direct from Casio?).

Be sure to pop back with some pics!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ha ha ha - I was too slow!

Hope the shipping is faster than 40 days (it usually is to the UK from that seller).

Quote Originally Posted by Tired Joseph View Post
    Watches.br on Facebook is the place to go to order a bezel: it comes with an o-ring seal for the case back (useful) and a strap (including buckle).

I'm not keen on the straps but Casio still sell these, just be sure to order the correct lug width (it's easy to accidentally choose spares for 5600E's). I've bought straps from sellers on eBay but I imagine they're available elsewhere too (direct from Casio?).

Be sure to pop back with some pics!

Exactly where I went! :D
    I also have access to spare bits, different gaskets, silicone grease, etc. To help with the restoration. Hardest part will be the sanding, but should also be a fun experience! Against better judgement I really really really want to try taking the screws out, but there is absolutely no need to do so, haha. As far as a different strap (I hear the watches.br is silicone) I'm sure I can find one. Thanks! Plenty of pictures for sure ;)

Ha ha ha - I was too slow!

Hope the shipping is faster than 40 days (it usually is to the UK from that seller).
    40 days or 30 days, or even 20 days! I'm sure I can be patient enough, I'm going to try to not look at the tracking to help ease the anxiety, haha. (I'm looking at it the second I get it)

Quote Originally Posted by TRSCP View Post
    40 days or 30 days, or even 20 days! I'm sure I can be patient enough, I'm going to try to not look at the tracking to help ease the anxiety, haha. (I'm looking at it the second I get it)
    Agreed - best off trying to forget about it or it'll drive you mad!

And please leave the bezels screws alone, no good will come of trying to remove them!
    TRSCP likes this.

Agreed - best off trying to forget about it or it'll drive you mad!

And please leave the bezels screws alone, no good will come of trying to remove them!
    Alright, alright, you've twisted my arm.. haha
    As far as I've been reading, you can just slap the Brazilian bezel right over the screws, I'll trust you guys :D
    Tired Joseph likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TRSCP View Post
    After a little searching, I found a Brazilian strap/bezel set. Yay!
    Roughly 40 days for shipping......Booo!!!! Haha (I actually am completely fine with this shipping time, as it is from Brazil)
    Ordered it now, will give me plenty of time to get the watch, clean it up, new battery, and begin the crystal restoration process (I'm going to hate it, aren't I?)
    As stated, I'll post some pictures when I receive the watch. Wish me luck, everyone!
    Good luck !

It's not the shipping time so much as the tracking. It starts off in the EMS system & you follow it to where it departs the originating country ... fine.

But then it disappears into the 'ectoplasm' with no further tracking forever ... forever being a week or 2 ... then it finally shows up

in the destination country's tracking system & you then know what's going on ... more or less. Have fun !!! (maybe that's just Canada Post !)
    TRSCP and Laro13 like this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    Good luck !

It's not the shipping time so much as the tracking. It starts off in the EMS system & you follow it to where it departs the originating country ... fine.

But then it disappears into the 'ectoplasm' with no further tracking forever ... forever being a week or 2 ... then it finally shows up

in the destination country's tracking system & you then know what's going on ... more or less. Have fun !!! (maybe that's just Canada Post !)
    Thanks John! (Hope all is well on your end, too!)

They did email me about registering a tracking number, and there was a way to check it both in the US and a site for checking it Brazilian-side, but I'm not too worried about it. Should overall be fun, and at the very least, a learning process!
    JohnQFord likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information