This is just too fun...
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: This is just too fun...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is just too fun...

Hello! Just wanted to let everyone that I am indeed still alive, and still tinkering with all sorts of bits of fun!

One of my current projects (The GA100) is coming along real well, and I hope everyone enjoys the "finished" product. Just need to sort out luming the hour notches and redoing the hands.

Another custom mod that hit me today was cutting the lugs on a 6900 to allow me to put a metal band on. Of course, there's the combi bracelets and adapters and all that junk, but where's the fun?! ;) So I will be taking a less than perfect 6900 case and shaving approximately 1mm off each side, then cleaning up the holes, voila, 18mm lugs!

Let's see..what else is going on in my world......oh, finished one of the "fan art" watches for my buddy's game, and he is really hyped on it, so that makes me happy! Still need to bang out a few others....

And as usual, buying beaters from eBay to fix up, because there honestly is not a more fun feeling than flipping the watch over and seeing it run properly! Or, maybe that's just me, haha!

Anyway, what is everyone else up to? Do any fun painting of letters, screen flips, swaps, custom bits of other sorts? I want to know!

As always, hope everything is going well for you guys.

-Peter
    Cobia and BlackNomad like this.

Re: This is just too fun...

Picture please!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse.IT View Post
    Picture please!

Ahh yes, pictures!

Of which one? I'll have to snap some when I get home, I'm at work right now :D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did the "buy a oldie and refurb it" phase for a while. But have since stopped. I was tired of jabbing my fingertips with the springbar tool.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I did the "buy a oldie and refurb it" phase for a while. But have since stopped. I was tired of jabbing my fingertips with the springbar tool.
    Name:  62644323.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  103.5 KB

As for TRSCP, nice to see you still live and kicking!

Name:  130746179577_130746178462_7RRA_K_S_004_Whack_A_Rabbid.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  118.6 KB

TRSCP likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

So much fun indeed. I've really been enjoying your recent posts, and I look forward to seeing the end results of some of your projects. I'm sure I will have much to learn from them and many questions to ask. The ability to mod these watches is such a wonderful aspect of this hobby, lots of fun and then you end up with a great sense of pride from wearing something you created yourself. I haven't had any new projects recently, but if you click on my profile and go to "Latest started threads" you can check out some of my major projects from the past year. I've only started 8 threads of my own, and 5 of them were threads I have started about some of my favorite mods, so they are always easy to find

Keep up the good work brother, and keep em' coming. I can't wait to see pics

You guys are silly....I love it!! ;)
    Still figuring out how to reply with multiple quotes, but it's not a huge deal to me, haha.

Yes, working at a watch shop that sells G's (some I wish I had picked up when we had them!!!!! ) I used to just have the basic knowledge. "Yeah, it can take a beating, yeah, go ahead and get it wet, it's fine" and the like. But once I realized what someone else working for the company meant by being able to swap any part on the watch, I went, "wait.....I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!" haha.

Now, when a customer is checking them out, it's more like, "YEAH, this watch CAN take a beating!!! Wash your hands, take a shower, go swimming, do whatever!!! Oh, and let me know if you want me to slap some paint on the lettering for you after you buy it, other mods are available from me too."

I love modding things, taking things apart, fixing them, putting them back together, etc. and G-Shocks just "make sense" to me.

I'll have to start some threads showcasing each mod I have done. I recall someone getting after me for copper plating buttons on one of my 6900's, saying it will patina and whatnot. Surprisingly, still hasn't! Really haven't gotten it wet though... :D

And Knives and Lint, feel free to ask me any questions! I love helping everyone out! I've got Skype too if you want to REALLY get into some discussion sometime, haha.

Anyway, at this point I think I am rambling, so I'll close with this bit:

What's with you guys and stabbing your fingers?! I guess to be fair a few years ago I got myself once or twice when I was a greenhorn with watch repairs, but now it's almost like I can do it in my sleep, haha. I went and checked from last April to present day, we've been keeping track of how many batteries we change, and charge for (can't really track replacements, freebies, friends and family, etc. that's another story though) and I have done over 1,200 battery replacements. So, I think I kinda know what I'm doing now ;)

Anyway, home from work now, I'm going to go play some games, have a drink or two, and then back at it tomorrow! (That's when I'll grab some pictures, I need to clean up the GA100 some more and try some lume paste again. I don't have a kit, but I have powder, trying different mediums. Again, another story ;) )

Have a great night everyone!!
    Cobia and JohnQFord like this.

Name:  this20thread20worthless20without20pics_zps9b8becf9.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  13.6 KB
    WE WANT MORE!

were you gone ? I didn't even notice, it seems like just yesterday I was telling you to try hard to be Moder of the year / LOLz

I did a orange mod on one of my squares today, nothing to brag about, just put on an orange bezel and orange nato

I seem to stuck on my major mod as the module lost a few pixel on the digits - hanging around ebay waiting for a donating dwp-5600 / dw-5600 kindda like that

Great blog Pete, love your enthusiasm and warmth you extend through your posts, nice one man, cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information