Just wanted to confirm battery
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Joakim Agren
  • 1 Post By starscream

Thread: Just wanted to confirm battery

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Just wanted to confirm battery

    hey guys, am sitting with 2 dead watches, a GA100 and a GA110.. my sister will be visiting in a few days so thought id ask for some batteries since i have not seen good company ones here. this would be my 1st battery change, so i'm not sure of this stuff.

    both use CR1220 right?

    dead watches are bumblebee GA100 and Dee & Ricky GA-110

    which brand is the best one to get?


    thanks!

  2. #2
    Member Joakim Agren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Just wanted to confirm battery

    Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    hey guys, am sitting with 2 dead watches, a GA100 and a GA110.. my sister will be visiting in a few days so thought id ask for some batteries since i have not seen good company ones here. this would be my 1st battery change, so i'm not sure of this stuff.

    both use CR1220 right?

    dead watches are bumblebee GA100 and Dee & Ricky GA-110

    which brand is the best one to get?


    thanks!
    Panasonic is the preferred brand for Casio, but I usually go with Varta or Energizer which are also good brands.

    CR1220 is the battery to get yes!

    Do you have silicone grease?
    They are still relatively new watches but for watches older then 5 years it is recommended to put new grease on the O-rings after a battery change! Best stuff to get is Bergeon 7055 or Seiko TSF-451 but is not the cheapest!

    Thankfully GA-1XX is easy to change battery, no need to remove strap first!

    Remember when screwing back the back plate to screw in a diagonal, do not screw in individual screws all the way in as that can cause some unnecessary strain which in the long run can cause stripping of the screw holes!

    Also never touch the new battery with your finger during insertion, a finger stain on the battery will shorten its life span before needing to be replaced! Also use a non magnetic or plastic tweezers when inserting it!
    starscream, JohnQFord and domoon like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142


  3. #3
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: Just wanted to confirm battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Panasonic is the preferred brand for Casio, but I usually go with Varta or Energizer which are also good brands.

    CR1220 is the battery to get yes!

    Do you have silicone grease?
    They are still relatively new watches but for watches older then 5 years it is recommended to put new grease on the O-rings after a battery change! Best stuff to get is Bergeon 7055 or Seiko TSF-451 but is not the cheapest!

    Thankfully GA-1XX is easy to change battery, no need to remove strap first!

    Remember when screwing back the back plate to screw in a diagonal, do not screw in individual screws all the way in as that can cause some unnecessary strain which in the long run can cause stripping of the screw holes!

    Also never touch the new battery with your finger during insertion, a finger stain on the battery will shorten its life span before needing to be replaced! Also use a non magnetic or plastic tweezers when inserting it!

    thanks for the reply and the tips bro, appreciate it.

    tool kit, i bought this from esslinger a few months ago:

    Name:  110_159__54069.1410309170.500.750.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  14.5 KB
    http://www.esslinger.com/casio-g-sho...le-solar-cell/


    I've actually seen the varta cells here but i've never heard of it before so i wasn't sure if it was good or not. good to know that it is.

    thanks again!
    JohnQFord likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Kev55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Just wanted to confirm battery

    get yourself a $10 headband magnifier from the bay. Best buy i ever made...couldn't do any kind of fix without it.

  6. #5
    Member Joakim Agren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Just wanted to confirm battery

    starscream did you get thse watches going again?

    After this thread I checked some of my older GA-110's and lo and behold. Most of my 2010-2011 models are dead so need new batteries! So I guess I will also be buying new batteries soon...
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142


  7. #6
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: Just wanted to confirm battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    starscream did you get thse watches going again?

    After this thread I checked some of my older GA-110's and lo and behold. Most of my 2010-2011 models are dead so need new batteries! So I guess I will also be buying new batteries soon...
    no.. not yet..

    she was in miami for like half a day & forgot to look for the battery. then she almost bought me some from Doha but they were going to expire next year so i said leave it. I'll prob get the Varta ones from here but I've been busy.. sister is here just for a few days so been busy with family stuff..

    I'll update this thread when i get to it eventually. haha. maybe next week. How many do you have to change?

    funny that the GA models in my collection died 1st. they also seem to be dying in the order I got them.

  8. #7
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: Just wanted to confirm battery

    got new batteries a few days ago, found Maxell.. i think these are good, made in Japan at least.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12007178_10206562612996416_1445231320_n.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	5344682


    so just did the battery change on my GA-100 Bumblebee.. what a nightmare!
    opened up all fine, but i could not get that latch open.. kept trying and the whole module moved a bit.. finally my wife got it open and I changed the battery and closed the latch but then the module was not straight.. kept trying to rotate it a bit but that was not working.. finally i had to remove the whole module.. i used my hands to hold it, is that okay? and we both kept trying to straighten it but every time it went in a little crooked.. after like 20min of trying and a lot of cursing it was straight. then i hit the AC reset.. some ppl used to say touch AC reset and the battery at the same time but its different on the GA-100. checked that it was all working and then i think i put too much silicone grease on the O-ring.. not sure but it was pretty greasy.. closed it up, checked all buttons and alarm etc.. everything is working. gave it a good wash it seems to be fine. So I think it worked out fine in the end. I did not touch the battery used plastic tweezers but i touched a lot of the module I hope that won't cause any problems. Glad i did not try it the 1st time on my Dee & Ricky. think i will leave the D&R dead till i get some more practice on other models 1st.

    this video was the only GA-100 batt change I could find, helped me out a great deal even tho it's in Russian and not really the best quality:




    wish there was a guide for every different model. would have been nice.

    edit: now when i hit the light when the room is dark i see some tiny lint/dust thing inside, not 2 big. think i'll just leave it in there. dont want to open it up again
    Last edited by starscream; September 13th, 2015 at 22:18.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Can someone confirm for me
      By Danny T in forum Omega
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: April 1st, 2015, 20:35
    2. Replies: 10
      Last Post: January 11th, 2015, 18:21
    3. Quartz With A 10-year Battery Wanted
      By Worker in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: January 27th, 2014, 00:12
    4. Just like to confirm...
      By foamposite in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: May 24th, 2008, 16:33
    5. so who wanted Riseman battery change instructions?
      By madmacs in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: March 19th, 2006, 18:35

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •