Just won an AW-582-1

Thread: Just won an AW-582-1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just won an AW-582-1

I've been thinking for a while now that one ana/digi G-Shock isn't enough, and I need at least one more. To be honest there's very few I like, an exception being an amazing looking Mr-G which I can't afford. I decided to go for a vintage, classic looking no-frills one. I almost got a second G-100 in blue as I like that model so much, but blue? I'm not sure I'd have worn that much.

I won this for about £19. Not as great a bargain as my last couple of wins on ebay, but I'm quite pleased with it.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Re: Just won an AW-582-1

I like that, plenty of digital as well as the analogue, I'm not a big analogue watch fan but I could definitely see myself wearing that
    Real men don't need instructions.

Thanks Azziman. I expect it suffers from poor lume, but unlike the G-100, the light may give an idea where the hands are on this one. For me, it will be mostly worn as a daytime analogue, like my G-100, so the lume isn't a big deal.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

An extremely attractive watch, and beautfully made. I was chuffed enough to do a review...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=34470

Sold it later, of course.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    An extremely attractive watch, and beautfully made. I was chuffed enough to do a review...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=34470

Sold it later, of course.
    That's a great review tribe, and I'm looking forward to receiving it even more now. The light looks much better than I expected. As I was only thinking of using it for telling time, I didn't even notice it had a CDT which means I won't have to swap watches while cooking my pizza!

It arrived today. It's just what I hoped for, a nice, classic looking ana/digi G-Shock. The crystal is better protected than I'd imagined. I still think the G-100 is a slightly better looker, but this has a CDT Although there's a few things happening on the dial, it still has a clean look about it. The buttons are a bit larger and easier to use than on the G-100 too. I've found no cons at all other than the obvious 'hands sometimes obscure the digital displays' and 'analogue hand setting a bit of a pain'. Setting the hands is something I'll only need to do once in a blue moon though, and if I anticipate needing a stopwatch I'd wear an all digital. So, no complaints at all really. It's staying on for the day.

I'll add a couple of pics later.

Hey lexxorcist:
    PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS

These don't do it justice. If you want to see better pics follow tribe's link above.

Hey lexxorcist that's more like it

Handsome looking G Lexxorcist.

I keep thinking I should get one, partly because they go way back, almost as far as the 5600 style. They are part of the G-Shock heritage really.
    Obviously they aren't all that popular as the auctions are fairly low but I think I will try one even though I'm not overly fond of analogue G's.
    Do you think you'll keep it ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information