just wondering!

Thread: just wondering!

Question just wondering!

I'm just wondering if the G's still water-proof after replacing the battery. I just did a battery change for my cousin's watch. I did lubricate the gasket with silicon-grease as instructed by a lot of WUS members, just have no gut to "challenge" the watch 'cause he loves the watch so much and i dont want to ruin it
    Thanks
    My collection:
    G-shock: GW9010-1, G9000-8v, G9100-4R, DW6900CS-1, DW6900CS-4, DW6900CS-7, DW6900MS-1, DW6925E-7, DW6900FIFA, DW6900CC-6, GLX5600-7

Beauty fades, Dump is forever

Re: just wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by bryan2412 View Post
    I'm just wondering if the G's still water-proof after replacing the battery. I just did a battery change for my cousin's watch. I did lubricate the gasket with silicon-grease as instructed by a lot of WUS members, just have no gut to "challenge" the watch 'cause he loves the watch so much and i dont want to ruin it
    Thanks
    Should be. As long as you seated the gasket properly and tightened the screws correctly, you should be fine.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Re: just wondering!

Yep, I agree. Just a few warnings though - make sure the gasket, in addition to being lubed, is in place properly. Most Gs have a "valley" of sorts in the case where the gasket sits. It's easy to have it slightly out of place though before putting the caseback on, which of course makes an imperfect seal. Also, be careful of putting in the screws on the caseback (if not a screwback)...you might overtighten them to try to get as tight a seal as possible, and end up stripping the heads.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Thread Information