Keep em or send back

Thread: Keep em or send back

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Keep em or send back

So the postman came today with my watches. As I opened the package to inspect them, I noticed the AWG100R-1As all had resin bands instead of the composite bands that all of the online retailers show! I called Casio, and since they "no longer carry that model" they could not verify in an official photo that it should have came with the composite band (sounds like BS, but I was cordial to the lady)

I bought three of the same watch because they are groomsman gifts for my wedding next month. I thought it would be a better gift than a cheap engraved flask that would never get used, or worse some useless trinket that would get stuffed away. I was really looking for a bracelet, but I admit the watch is very comfortable and still looks good with the resin band. I was looking for a G that was analog, stylish, atomic/solar and didnt cost a fortune (around $100 per watch was my budget)

Should I hang onto them, or send them back in search of something else? I am siding towards keeping them, but what are your thoughts here?
    Name:  CIMG0561.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  CIMG0565.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  CIMG0566.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  CIMG0579.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  58.4 KB
    Last edited by Wojo; April 3rd, 2009 at 01:19.

Re: Keep em or send back

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    So the postman came today with my watches. As I opened the package to inspect them, I noticed the AWG100R-1As all had resin bands instead of the composite bands that all of the online retailers show! I called Casio, and since they "no longer carry that model" they could not verify in an official photo that it should have came with the composite band (sounds like BS, but I was cordial to the lady)

I bought three of the same watch because they are groomsman gifts for my wedding next month. I thought it would be a better gift than a cheap engraved flask that would never get used, or worse some useless trinket that would get stuffed away. I was really looking for a bracelet, but I admit the watch is very comfortable and still looks good with the resin band. I was looking for a G that was analog, stylish, atomic/solar and didnt cost a fortune (around $100 per watch was my budget)

Should I hang onto them, or send them back in search of something else? I am siding towards keeping them, but what are your thoughts here?
    Name:  CIMG0561.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  CIMG0565.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  CIMG0566.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  CIMG0579.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  58.4 KB

Can you take some shoots and post em here?

Are you sure you have received the correct model.

Do yours look like this:

http://www.watchzworld.com/casio_g_s...wg100r_1a.html

If not then it is not the correct model!

EDIT: I now saw your pictures they did not show up before!

It appears as if they are AWG100R-1 See picture here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CASIO-SOLAR-...|39:1|240:1318

But I am also confused because I also see lots of pictures with it and a composite bracelet. Very confusing I have to investigate this...
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; April 3rd, 2009 at 01:33.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

And I Investigated it...

This model came out in November last year and only the japanese domestic model AWG-100BR-1AJF had the composite bracelet. The rest of the world gets the AWG-100R-1A (notice a lack of B in the model name and also no JF letters at the end that denotes japanese only) that only has standard Resin strap.

The Japanese model is more expensive and harder to get.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I actually called Top One international (the company that runs nywatchstore.com), and had them check the strap on the AWG100R-1A. They also had a resin band on that specific model, even though it shows a composite band on the website. Casio has no claim of ever offering that watch with a compisite band even though that is definitely an official photo released by casio for online retail sales.

EDIT: Thanks for looking into it Joakim, thats what I had suspected.
    Last edited by Wojo; April 3rd, 2009 at 01:40.

Wojo,
    If you decide to keep them and give them as gifts, it still would beat most of the groomsmen gifts i've seen available. I have received
    1. a money clip
    2. a cigar chopper (I don't even smoke cigars regularly)
    3. a business card holder with my initials engraved that I never use because it doesn't hold enough cards.

A G-shock would be both thoughtful and practical imho. Too bad about the mix-up on the composite bracelet, i've not seen one of those models with that configuration until this post. Resin band is pretty comfy on my AWG, and I can still get away with wearing it in the office because the overall style isn't too "chunky G" for the most part.
    Last edited by myriad7777; April 3rd, 2009 at 01:51.
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz
    Oris
    BC3
    Tissot
    T-Touch
    Casio

DW 5600, GW 5600, GW 600
    DW 6900, GW 6900, GW 7900B
    DW 6500
    G 7700

Citizen Skyhawk Eco-Drive (Black Eagle)

Keep them!

And if one of your groomsmen get sick or can't make it... PM me, I look great in a tux and would love that watch!
    SENNA IS MY CO-PILOT!

Keep 'em! And myriad is right; that's the best groomsman gift ever!

Keep them. Did you happen to get one for yourself, too?? If so, I say you all wear them to the wedding-- and take some pics so we all can see.
    Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals!

Definitely keep them!! Your the best groom ever!
    Current Collection:
    -Tag Heuer Formula 1 Indy 500
    -Seiko SKX175
    -Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"
    -1986 Seiko 5 7009-3110
    -Luminox Evo Navy Seal 3051 Blackout Edition
    -Jack Spade Barrett Chronograph
    -Timex Weekender
    -G-Shock GWM-5600
    -Michael Kors MK8294
    -Flex Watch - U.S. Flag

Striving for...Breitling Chronomat Evolution or SOH42

Definitely keep 'em. I was having a hard time figuring out what to get my groomsmen, too, and this is perfect! My budget (per head) is going to be a little smaller though because I have 6! It's not my fault, my fiancee wanted to have 6 bridesmaids, so I had to match. When's the wedding? Mine is June 27th, and it's going to be awesome
    Regards,
    Hugh

Current Collection:
    Sinn U1 - Seiko SBBN007 - Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT - Tissot Seastar 1000
    G-shock DW5025B-7V - G-shock GW700BDJ-2

Outgoing:
    G-shock GW5525A-1 G-shock DW5600R-3JF

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information