Kids g-shocks
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kids g-shocks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kids g-shocks

I have promised my 9 year old son that I would buy him his first "real" watch for getting a good end of year school report. He's always been enamoured with my G-shocks and would like one similar. Obviously most G-shocks would be far too big for him and I have considered a Baby-g but I think it would put him off knowing they are aimed at girls! Can anybody point me in the direction of a smaller G-shock or a watch with similar styling that would fit the bill. I've scoured the internet and I'm not finding much! Some water resistance would be preferable! Thanks for your help!
    Watches are for wearing, sooner or later you're going to ding it...now that really hurts!

Re: Kids g-shocks

How about the Club-G line up. My son has been wearing his since he was 4. He is 6 now and still fit him very well. They don't look like a cheap you watch either. The build and quality is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
    That's exactly the sort of thing that I'm looking for, but I didn't think they were still making these? I certainly can't find any for sale in the UK. I've been very surprised by the lack of choice of watches for kids that don't have cartoon characters etc. plastered all over them!

Quote Originally Posted by lalo1704 View Post
    How about the Club-G line up. My son has been wearing his since he was 4. He is 6 now and still fit him very well. They don't look like a cheap you watch either. The build and quality is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watches are for wearing, sooner or later you're going to ding it...now that really hurts!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

look into the G-Shock S Series.. it's smaller than G-Shocks and it's for people who don't want Baby-G written on their watches.

these are some of them, there are a lot more now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summer-G-Shock-S-Series.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	4657770
    Last edited by starscream; July 15th, 2015 at 18:13.
    lalo1704 and Crater like this.

Many thanks, I was just looking at those. I'm not sure whether I want to spend that much though? Although he says he wants to wear it every day, I suspect it may find it's way into his bedroom drawers at some point and forgotten about, so something a little cheaper would be preferable! Although I have to say these are tempting!! Maybe something to progress to if he does end up wearing one every day!

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    look into the G-Shock S Series.. it's smaller than G-Shocks and it's for people who don't want Baby-G written on their watches.

these are some of them, there are a lot more now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summer-G-Shock-S-Series.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	4657770

Quote Originally Posted by Nic1930 View Post
    Many thanks, I was just looking at those. I'm not sure whether I want to spend that much though? Although he says he wants to wear it every day, I suspect it may find it's way into his bedroom drawers at some point and forgotten about, so something a little cheaper would be preferable! Although I have to say these are tempting!! Maybe something to progress to if he does end up wearing one every day!
    those prices in the pic are australia prices. they start at $99usd & you should probably be able to find them cheaper from certain places. I see some on amazon for around $70-80... if you want cheaper then look into the basic Casio watches, they are not g-shocks but have all the basic features at a great price point: STANDARD - Watches - CASIO

Yeah, I think I may have to go down that line, he won't know the difference! I haven't ruled out a Baby-g, I think a trip to the shops is called for tomorrow and he can try a few on!

those prices in the pic are australia prices. they start at $99usd & you should probably be able to find them cheaper from certain places. I see some on amazon for around $70-80... if you want cheaper then look into the basic Casio watches, they are not g-shocks but have all the basic features at a great price point: STANDARD - Watches - CASIO
    starscream likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic1930 View Post
    Yeah, I think I may have to go down that line, he won't know the difference! I haven't ruled out a Baby-g, I think a trip to the shops is called for tomorrow and he can try a few on!
    good luck! hope he finds something he likes.. it's always best to head to a store and check them out in person.

If he's anything like me he'll find more than one that he likes!! Thank you for your help!

good luck! hope he finds something he likes.. it's always best to head to a store and check them out in person.
    starscream likes this.

You could also consider a standard square DW5600. Those can be found in the $40-50 price range, and should be small enough to fit him well.

My son's first real watch, at the age of 8, was a DW6900. Was it big on him? you bet. But he wore it well, and never took it off from the moment he got it. Since he was just a kid, the large size of the watch was to be expected, and didn't look out of place at all. In fact, I quite like the way it looked on him, and admired the way he wore it. He put the watch through everything, without giving it a second thought, and not once did the large size of the watch seem cumbersome or a nuisance to him.

Fast forward a year and a half (age 10) and he now wears a Rangeman 24/7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information